Bought off refs = Texas win.

On HI Red Sea Scrolls they have a headline that says Big 12 head of official explains last call. Does anyone know what he said? I know there was one second left, that I agree with but if they can't review the play in the first place then it doesn't matter if there was one second. I personally think we got this game stolen from us. Ya if Adi doesn't kick it out of bounds we probably win. However, there were two pass interference calls that should have never been called. The one on Prince wasn't even pass interference and it was un catchable. The one on Hagg was pass interference but was thrown at least five yards out of bounds and was def un catchable. The one on Prince I believe led directly to a fg. The guy that wrote that article from the denver post was right. He knew going in that the officials would not allow texas to lose that game and they certainly didn't. Yes we could have done some things to take control of that game but the refs certainly did their best to take the game from us.

EDIT: Damn it wouldn't post for me, sorry bout the three posts.

I don't know... But the Big XII instant replay rules are pretty clear. Simply gong to review to change an "eggregious" time keeping error (I'm not sure 1 extra second running off out of 3600 seconds is eggregious) is simply not allowed by rule. Unless of course, they were stating that the result of the play -- an incomplete pass -- was incorrect.

On that drive I think the zebras got the previous calls right...

Kicking a kickoff out of bounds places the ball on the 40 yard line.

A horse collar tackle is a 15 yard personal foul.

And McCoy let the ball fly out of his hands and it landed out of bounds with about a second left. The clock operator responded in whatever way they did, and the clock ended up on 0:00. However, nothing in the Big XII rules allows this to go instant replay review.

If the officials on the field fixed this without the help of the booth, then there is absolutely no problem with correctly adding a second back on the clock. However, I don't think this is how this went down -- and I think a lot more people should be outraged, even though the Huskers appeared to be trying to give Texas the game.

My 2 cents...

You are correct, this is not reviewable. Bo would have had to walk off the field and protest to Big 12 Officials before he let the kick go off. Once the officials let the kick go off, it was too late. He can yell all he wants. Big $$$ were at stack here. We were sacraficial lambs here!!!! BCS couldn't have TCU play BAMA this year. They needed UT on this. They will come out later today or Monday and say it was the wrong call but the officials let the play go on, so it has to stay with what happened. They will amend the rules to allow for extra time to put on the clock for future issues. The rules are clear. They don't have the authority to put time on the clock like that.

Now, I think officials can review plays on reviewable plays and add time but this was not reviewable. Plays like penalties where the clock runs off. Curious to see if my feeling are correct on this like your feelings rabidpitbull. There was a human official that had to stop the clock. He chose to let it run to zero. NOT REVIEWABLE!!!!!! Was he a Husker fan, I doubt it, but he let it run out. NOT REVIEWABLE!!!!!

Schuhbdoo

The clock issue, the ball does hit the ground with time on the clock, that issue seems to be not argued by the most ardent Cornhusker supporters but the issue of why it was reviewed is the issue. I think for both schools sake the NCAA or the Big 12 should really make a strong statement for both schools about this today. If the play is reviewable then it is owed to your shool to clarify the rule it should be explained to Texas as well to give them the peace of mind that they won fairly. If it should not have been reviewed then let the sh#t storm continue.

Two things about that ..

The clock does NOT stop until the referee blows his whistle to signal the play dead.

The play was NOT dead and could NOT be reversed until the football hit something out of bounds (i.e., person or object) in this situation. The ground is not enough to reverse that play. The officials stated they clearly saw the ball hit the railing of the box seats which is why they put a second on the clock.

Now after looking at that video over and over, there is simply no way an official can look at that and tell me that definitely he can see that football hit a round bar, in between a crowd of people, from completely across the field with a camera. Absolutely no way.

The more I read about this, the more it looks like we definitely got screwed.

The clock issue, the ball does hit the ground with time on the clock, that issue seems to be not argued by the most ardent Cornhusker supporters but the issue of why it was reviewed is the issue. I think for both schools sake the NCAA or the Big 12 should really make a strong statement for both schools about this today. If the play is reviewable then it is owed to your shool to clarify the rule it should be explained to Texas as well to give them the peace of mind that they won fairly. If it should not have been reviewed then let the sh#t storm continue.

Two things about that ..

The clock does NOT stop until the referee blows his whistle to signal the play dead.

The play was NOT dead and could NOT be reversed until the football hit something out of bounds (i.e., person or object) in this situation. The ground is not enough to reverse that play. The officials stated they clearly saw the ball hit the railing of the box seats which is why they put a second on the clock.

Now after looking at that video over and over, there is simply no way an official can look at that and tell me that definitely he can see that football hit a round bar, in between a crowd of people, from completely across the field with a camera. Absolutely no way.

The more I read about this, the more it looks like we definitely got screwed.

The evidence certainly is mounting, isn't it? I know the Pelini's blow their gaskets with some regularity, however, Bo probably knows the rules better than any of us. If he was that mad and insistent about that call, there was probably something to be said for his position.

Regardless, I see us owning the Big 12 North next year, and even the entire Big 12. Nebraska is on its way back to glory. :koolaid2:

None of this means a damn thing. The BSC got the matchup they wanted. The Big 12's golden boys get there MNC shot. And the Huskers are now once again in the "maybe next year" mode. And IMO if any calls should be looked at it's the two or three drive saving pass interference calls that went to the Longhorns. But I know there is no chance of this happening, because that might mean the conference would have to admit that their officiating this year has been abysmal. And there is not a chance in hell of them admitting that.

Frankly I'm beyond tired of all these close losses and bullsh#t officiating costing the Huskers games. Just get over the f'ing hump already guys! No more excuses, just get the f'ing job done!!!

The correct call was made, and I don't think its debatable. How many times before that play did they have to reset the clock during the game? At least three if I remember correctly. I know it sucks to lose that way, but there was clearly a second left when the ball hit.

I will give you that, if you can show me what the ball hit. All I saw was that the ball went behind a camera man, so we dont really know when it hit anything, do we?

The way it sounds the play was not reviewable, but even if it was, Was it inconclusive? As you said above what did it hit?

Walt Anderson, the Big 12 coordinator of football officials, said the video review of the play showed the incomplete pass hitting the ground -- thereby stopping the clock -- with one second remaining.

"Right away, TV sent us a shot where we had the flight of the ball," Anderson said. "They superimposed the clock and so it's by rule a question as (to) when the ball touches something, there is time on the clock. And there was. There was a second left, so we put it back up."

Anderson said the play was reviewable "because it involves a clock error at a critical time in the game."

In explaining the situation, Anderson said: "With clock situations there are always going to be some delays, which is ... one of the reasons why instant replay was (implemented) ... You wanted to have the opportunity to utilize instant replay to correct an obvious error."

_ Jimmy Burch

Source: Big 12 Supervisor explains ending

He's so full of himself - There's always going to be delays which is why instant replay was implemented but we won't review every play to add extra seconds or take extra time off the clock because it's human error. There's a reason MLB has very little replay and why FIFA won't do it at all - It takes out the human error which is part of the game

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes

fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c

and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PD...4f15136079d.pdf

Seems pretty clear given this. I think the right call was made and all this complaining is for naught.

Calling that kickoff down at the 1 was the wrong call. But once they blew there whisle they can't reverse it. Yes, we caught a break because he didn't have control when his knee touched down.

-------- Regarding the refs being paid off -----------

Tim Griffin said this about the Big 12 and how much money they make regarding bowl games.

"And one other remnant from the game Saturday night: The Longhorns' dramatic victory actually will end up costing the conference about $4.5 million.

The Big 12 stood to make an extra $4.5 million in BCS money if it had two teams in BCS games. If Nebraska had beaten Texas, the conference assuredly would have had two teams in those bowls.

Instead, the Longhorns will represent the conference.

And something tells me that a national championship for the Longhorns would be worth the extra money in credibility for the conference this season."

Why would the big 12 want to lose 4.5 million? It's just more whining from husker fans to make youself feel better about losing a football game.

On that note, believe me... the past 6 years have been miserable, and he was seemingly lost every close big game we could have. But things will turn around, and we will be on the other side of these games very soon. Just suffer through these tough losses a bit longer and I promise you, we will be back.

They didn't gift them sh#t...they gave them the second they deserved. You didn't even need replay to see it if you were watching on TV. What you're saying is you'd rather have a win by screwing Texas out of their deserved chance at the FG than taking the risk of letting them win in a legit fashion. How wonderful.

:yeah we blew this game, not the officials. Other than the PI and the lack of holding calls in the Big 12 (Nebraska held several times as well), I didn't really have an issue with officiating.

That being said I think we should be feeling great we did not get waxed in this game like the previous Big 12 north pretenders.

Enough with the "Moral" Victories... seriously it gets amazingly old, and quickly... I don't know if people think this is intramurals or what... but "Moral" victories mean jack in the Big 12. Or maybe I'm the only one who's not ok with losing a close game, maybe I'm the only one who wants to see us run over teams again

Simple fact is we had it, and let it slip like we have so many times before... (Last year Va Tech, TTU, this year Va Tech, ISU (kinda), Texas all come to mind immediately)

I'll be the first to tell you, when they did review that play they got the right call... but we're all upset because it should have never been an issue to begin with... the game clock read 00:00... game over

Both teams made horrible calls over the course of the game, but it feels like Texas got bailed out on their mistakes multiple times and it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

You've never heard the referee say "please reset the game clock to xx"? Do you remember the 1993 Orange Bowl season when we got a first down and the last 2 seconds ticked off, and they put them back on so we could try a field goal? Of course they can reset it, and it was the right call.

He didn't say they can't reset it. He said that it isn't reviewable.