Should we bolt for the Big 10?

craigsker

Per ESPN, the Big 10 is looking to get to 12 teams within the conference. So just for the sake of discussion, should Nebraska bolt for the Big 10?

Can you imagine what the rest of the country would say about us? We couldn't handle the b12 so we left. And hat would they call it? The Really Big 12? Big12 lite? No, I don't think we should

Per ESPN, the Big 10 is looking to get to 12 teams within the conference. So just for the sake of discussion, should Nebraska bolt for the Big 10?

Can you imagine what the rest of the country would say about us? We couldn't handle the b12 so we left. And hat would they call it? The Really Big 12? Big12 lite? No, I don't think we should

Well considering we were always the odd man out it wouldn't surprise anyone. I do think that the main reason why the Big 10 loses a lot of bowl games is because they finish their season so early and players get rusty. We would strengthen the conference. I would think the only teams they are looking at is in the Big East since the ACC raided it. the MAC and Conference USA wouldn't do them any good. No team is gonna leave the ACC or SEC. So the number of teams isn't that great. They invited Notre Dame in early 90s and they said no thanks. If i was the Big 10 i wouldn't give them a second chance. Let them suffer.

We're about to enter a new decade. We still have a lot to prove in the Big XII. I'd rather see us rise to the occasion and re-establish another 90's-like Husker Dynasty.

I have every reason to believe that the Pelini Administration will see it through. Once we find our identity on the Offense, we'll have a lot of hardware to look forward to in the new decade.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nebraska does not meet the academic standards of the Big 10, therefore, don't look for the Huskers to be invited. Any disagreement with this fact is futile.

Based on what, "US News" rankings? Those have been shown to measure very little related to true academic quality, and a concerted effort has been made by reputable institutions to not cooperate with the bogus report.

Nebraska was categorized as a Carnegie "Research I University" in 1994...this category was renamed "Doctoral/Research University-Extensive" in 2000. One of 59 in the United States. If you measured strictly the academic offerings, research, and admissions/quality of students....UNL stands up quite well with Iowa, Indiana and Michigan State. UNL is also more selective than all three.

Admissions Data (2008) UNL:

* Percent of Applicants Admitted: 63%

* Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile

o SAT Critical Reading: 510 / 670

o SAT Math: 530 / 670

o SAT Writing: - / -

+ (what these SAT numbers mean)

+ (Big 12 SAT Comparison Chart)

o ACT Composite: 22 / 28

o ACT English: 21 / 28

o ACT Math: 21 / 28

+ (what these ACT numbers mean)