When do we go back to having linebackers?

krc1995

Bad comparison with Andre Jones and Bowman.

Bad coaching and injuries put a halt on their careers. Bowman is making plays in the league. Wow what a waste of talent. JUCOs are great to fill holes... (Dillard) Dont think Compton and Fisher can match up with a running back which was Dillards responsibility usually when in the 1 LB look. He will step in and give us the speed we need to fill phil's role.

2-3 JUCOS a year are alright to fill spots with immediate needs. Sometimes they can mess with team chemistry but with a coach like Pelini u either buy in or he will show you the door. I like the direction of our team and what Bo sees best for the defense i will oblige.

prime example is that Juco that ran his mouth about how we'd beat USC...5 star DB i think his name was Andre Jones?

he was flat out awful, Zack Bowman didn't do much while at Nebraska he was a 5 star.

Alfonzo Dennard 3 star HS recruit and Prince 3 star HS recruit > than the 2 Juco 5 stars

So you judge all JUCO players by Andre Jones?

Do you judge all HS recruits by Harrison Beck?

You're woefully uninformed if you think JUCO = bad investment.

wow, none of you even read my last post before you blasted me. Thanks, but anyway i'll just redirect you up to that, cuz I never said it was a bad investment.

I said it can become a problem if it becomes the primary target for recruiting.

but, no one will read this and continue to bash me just because of the first thing I said.

thats why schools get into trouble recruiting mostly JUCOs like we did in the Callahan era.

That is ALSO why Ron Prince sucked at KSU.

its nice to take JUCO's and i'm happy with who we've gotten during the Pelini era, but you just can't make them the primary recruiting base, which we haven't done during Pelini's time here and thats a good thing.

I'm only making a point, nothing to blast David or Hardrick, i'm sure if Pelini wanted them they will pan out just like Gomes did this year as well

dont hate on the JUCO's thats not the reason Cally was terrible...some of NU best players over the years have been jucos

We will be fine with the LBs in the future. The reason we ran a ton of dime and no LB sets is because Suh and Crick put the offenses in a TON of passing situations. When you can stuff 1st down for a loss on a consistent basis you dont need linebackers a lot of the time.

Next year should see alot more 4-3 sets in the first half, at least. Compton, Fisher, Holt, and May will be just fine.

prime example is that Juco that ran his mouth about how we'd beat USC...5 star DB i think his name was Andre Jones?

he was flat out awful, Zack Bowman didn't do much while at Nebraska he was a 5 star.

Alfonzo Dennard 3 star HS recruit and Prince 3 star HS recruit > than the 2 Juco 5 stars

I'll take your Andre Jones and Zack Bowman, and raise you a Terrell Farley and Demorrio Williams.

• Fire 1

I'm not hating on them, i'm only saying that you can get into trouble making them the primary recruiting area. Thats it.

end of story. let it go.

The reason you can get into trouble is not that you aren't getting quality players, its that you are getting players with only 2-3 years to play so you have a problem with depth if you don't recruit mainly High School guys. Also, you get into trouble because the reasons why great players go JUCO is usually discipline or academics. These two things, if left unchecked, spread through your program like wildfire.

However, Pelini does a great job of establishing culture and holding everyone accountable to it. He won't have any problem.

BTW, anybody under the old staff that came in and underperformed I am chalking up to lack of ability to develop players by that staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Could you imagine Bowman and Jones in a Pelini defense? I mean, look how much improvement Murillo had last year in one season under Bo. He's another JUCO CB BTW.