Heard Chris Williams is no longer with the team

OKHUSKER

Ya if he was pissed about sitting out this year during a redshirt year then have fun not playing until you're a junior if you go to UT. Damn I really, really was looking forward to seeing this kid play in Bo's D and I really think he could have excelled big time. Fast, explosive and a sure tackler. I think he and Martin would have been an outstanding 1-2 punch in the nickel for years to come.

Is this confirmed? I thought I had heard a rumor that he wasn't doing what he was supposed to for all of his rehab stuff. See Ya I guess.

I can't see him going to Texas. He'd have to sit 2 years and he burned his red shirt (unless he gets a medical?)

Is Taloa confirmed as well?

We need the schollies.

:facepalm: WTF.......... I wonder what happened here?????? A lot of people thought that he would "start" next season. He was/is supossed to be a stud. Why do we keep losing these guys??? Tired of friggin losing out on top recruits and then when we finally "land" them, they either flame out ----- Beck-Dukes or they leave.... c0ck sandwhich....

If he goes to Texas, he would only get to play 2 years at best, unless, as mentioed, he gets a medical.

Chris is a 4* talent with a 1/2* desire to play football. That probably sums up why he was let go.

:yeah I was kind of shocked that he wasn't ready to go at some point this fall. Word is he didn't put in the work for the rehab. Looked like he could have been special. Oh well.

As far as JUCO LB impacting his decision, I'd guess it was vice versa. The staff knew Williams didn't want to be here so they found someone who might contribute in a way they figured Williams would be.

Ya I'm getting pretty tired of some of the crap that seems to keep going on as well. Beck, Dukes, Freeman, Gabberts, Lewis, Ross, come to mind just as recent four or five star recruits that have decommitted or left the program. Then we have guys like Williams, Yancy, Leon Jackson, Burkes, Dixon, Stafford, Leverson, Rodgers and Lawrence all quit the program for one reason or another. Since 05' (excluding Dukes) thats 11 four stars, a five star and three highly rated three stars leave the program before they exhausted their eligibility or decommitted before signing day. I'm getting freakin tired of this crap!

We went through a pretty significant coaching change, which typically comes with a higher amount of attrition. It also comes down to recruiting. Some guys just don't end up fitting. IF we can manage to keep a strong percentage of our staff for 5 or 6 years we will see that number decrease. Its a matter of stability in and around the program.

Unfortunately we have a fan base that freaks out if a coach ties his shoes incorrectly, so that doesn't help.

Things will get straightened out, and Bo will get his guys in place... CW may have never contributed for all we know, so there isn't a need to freak out. It's not like any of those guys that transferred really ended up being so great. (exception of Lewis)

Chris is a 4* talent with a 1/2* desire to play football. That probably sums up why he was let go.

i've heard things bout him that i will only discuss through private messages. but if what i hear is true he isn't even a 1/2 *.

If you are only private messaging can you message me about it?

Also wow can't believe it. I thought he would be a star next year and in the future.

Ya I'm getting pretty tired of some of the crap that seems to keep going on as well. Beck, Dukes, Freeman, Gabberts, Lewis, Ross, come to mind just as recent four or five star recruits that have decommitted or left the program. Then we have guys like Williams, Yancy, Leon Jackson, Burkes, Dixon, Stafford, Leverson, Rodgers and Lawrence all quit the program for one reason or another. Since 05' (excluding Dukes) thats 11 four stars, a five star and three highly rated three stars leave the program before they exhausted their eligibility or decommitted before signing day. I'm getting freakin tired of this crap!

Chill man. Every team has attrition. Every team has players that don't live up to the hype, and every program has players that step up and perform beyond expectations. Nebraska isn't any different. We lost a player with potential, but that is all he was. Were you expecting Dejon Gomes to be performing at an all-conference level when we signed him? Most people thought he was a "nice" player, but were probably much more excited about Dijon Washington.

We can only have 22 positional starters. There will be lots of players that don't make it, and some of them will choose to go elsewhere.

The coaches cannot put anyone ahead of the team. If you are a walk-on or a 5 star, you have to have the desire and attitude to succeed. And looking at the depth chart, we are fine at linebacker.

i've heard things bout him that i will only discuss through private messages. but if what i hear is true he isn't even a 1/2 *.

Better to let things like this go. He is not the first and won't be the last either.

All in all, he just had no will to play football. Injury or otherwise.