2000's Husker All Decade Team

holvy83

I definitely wouldn't be running the option.

That's all well and good, but here in the real world we ran the option and Eric Crouch won the Heisman Trophy. If he isn't your QB than I am going to have trouble taking anything you say seriously, ever.

:yeah

Look, i Love Joey and what he did(blowing scumbag keller out), but he doesnt hold a mini helmet to Eric.

QB - Eric Crouch

RB - Roy Helu Jr

RB - Cory Ross

WR - Nate Swift

WR - Maurice Purify

TE - Matt Herian

OL - Toni Fetui (sp)

OL - Dominic Raiola

OL - Richie Incognito

OL - Matt Slauson

OL - Carl Nicks

DL - Kyle Vanden Bosch

DL - Adam Carriker

DL - Ndamukong Suh

DL - Jay Moore

OLB - Demorrio Williams

MLB - Barrett Ruud

OLB - Scott Shanle

CB - Fabian Washington

CB - Keyou Craver

FS - Josh Bullocks

SS - Daniel Bullocks

All-Purpose: Bobby Newcombe & Dajuan Groce

K - Alex Henery

P - Kyle Larson

QB - Eric Crouch

RB - Roy Helu Jr

RB - Cory Ross

WR - Nate Swift

WR - Maurice Purify

TE - Matt Herian

OL - Toni Fetui (sp)

OL - Dominic Raiola

OL - Richie Incognito

OL - Matt Slauson

OL - Carl Nicks

DL - Kyle Vanden Bosch

DL - Adam Carriker

DL - Ndamukong Suh

DL - Jay Moore

OLB - Demorrio Williams

MLB - Barrett Ruud

OLB - Scott Shanle

CB - Fabian Washington

CB - Keyou Craver

FS - Josh Bullocks

SS - Daniel Bullocks

All-Purpose: Bobby Newcombe & Dajuan Groce

K - Alex Henery

P - Kyle Larson

Newcombe? Good player, but ego aside, could have been a lot better.

Kinda going along with this thread who does everyone think was the best Husker to put on the uniform this decade? I think it is between Crouch and Suh and i am going to have to go with Crouch for the simple fact that he won the Heisman. But Suh is right there.

Really? If this year taught us anything, it taught us that the Heisman is perhaps the most flawed thing in all of college football. I wouldn't use the Heisman as a barometer for anything pertaining to "greatness." It's a mess.

In a debate between Crouch and Suh, I ask when would I see the next Eric Crouch, or the next Ndamukong Suh? I think we see an Eric Crouch every couple of years or so. I think we see a Suh every generation or so. I'd go with Suh.

Kinda going along with this thread who does everyone think was the best Husker to put on the uniform this decade? I think it is between Crouch and Suh and i am going to have to go with Crouch for the simple fact that he won the Heisman. But Suh is right there.

Really? If this year taught us nothing, it taught us that the Heisman is perhaps the most flawed thing in all of college football. I wouldn't use the Heisman as a barometer for anything pertaining to "greatness." It's a mess.

In a debate between Crouch and Suh, I ask when would I see the next Eric Crouch, or the next Ndamukong Suh? I think we see an Eric Crouch every couple of years or so. I think we see a Suh every generation or so. I'd go with Suh.

Crouch vs. Suh? Not sure if any of you watch The Office but a couple weeks ago Jim tricks Dwight showing the office who would win if Dwight fights Dwight. Not sure if I want to take on this debate. By the way, the office has not been that great for a couple seasons now....

Crouch vs. Suh? Not sure if any of you watch The Office but a couple weeks ago Jim tricks Dwight showing the office who would win if Dwight fights Dwight. Not sure if I want to take on this debate. By the way, the office has not been that great for a couple seasons now....

Thread hijack.

I watch The Office. I agree it's gone downhill for a while, but I think Dwight's campaign to eliminate Jim will kick it back up a notch. They lost a lot of steam when Jim & Pam hooked up, then got married. The pregnancy thing is not looking promising, either.

Really? If this year taught us anything, it taught us that the Heisman is perhaps the most flawed thing in all of college football. I wouldn't use the Heisman as a barometer for anything pertaining to "greatness." It's a mess.

Not saying the Heisman isnt flawed because you're right this year was a joke. But i feel both of them are so close that i gave the benefit of the doubt to Crouch because of the Heisman. I think both did tremendous things for our team. If you take either of them off of the teams they were on where would we have been? They both meant a tremendous amount. Crouch was an amazing athlete as is Suh, but everytime Crouch stepped on the field we had an opportunity to score at any point the guy was a huge homerun threat (see the run agianst Missouri, or that one where he dumptrucked that Iowa guy)

Not saying the Heisman isnt flawed because you're right this year was a joke. But i feel both of them are so close that i gave the benefit of the doubt to Crouch because of the Heisman. I think both did tremendous things for our team. If you take either of them off of the teams they were on where would we have been? They both meant a tremendous amount. Crouch was an amazing athlete as is Suh, but everytime Crouch stepped on the field we had an opportunity to score at any point the guy was a huge homerun threat (see the run agianst Missouri, or that one where he dumptrucked that Iowa guy)

You're right, and Crouch was an amazing talent. I was one of the few people who felt he truly deserved it that year. He's taken a lot of flak in subsequent years about that Heisman, and I think a lot of it has to do with his failure in the NFL, which is stupid and unfair. Like you said, Crouch was a threat to take it to the house on every play.

On the Crouch vs. Ganz debate, it's really difficult to chose one over the other until you establish what type of offense this hypothetical team would run. So I think we need to pick the coaching staff before we pick who the QB should be.

My picks:

HC: B. Pelini

OC: Watson

DC: C. Pelini

I wonder if I'll get flamed for that, but I'll take Watson over Cally, Norvell, Cotton, or Solich. I'd take Turner Gill above all of them, but as he was never the OC i'm not sure if I can do that.

Given Watson or Gill, I'll take Crouch as the QB. If you wanted Cally as OC (which really isn't that bad of a choice if you ignore your bias against him), you'd probably have to take Ganz as Cally would completely ignore Crouch's strengths and call plays that didn't fit him.

If we're running an Option offense the conversation begins and ends with Crouch.

If it's a "traditional" offense, I'd strongly consider Zac Taylor over Joey Ganz. Zac is one of my favorite Huskers ever, and tough as nails. Imagine that guy on a decent team with Bo's defense. That's a solid team, that is.