Bo has hard line on soft commits

Nexus

I love it. I feel like many kids are just stringing along some coaches to see what they can get out of it....other offers, more attention, etc. I don't care if they are 17-18 year old kids....it makes perfect sense that if you are sure you want to play for a team then commit. If not, don't waste the time of the coaches and staff.

Billy, I am not sure Bo would be a hypocrite if a kid committed to a team and then wanted to visit....that would be Mack's (aka Big Cheating A$$hole) problem.

Let me understand it then. A kid that commits to Bo and changes his mind and wants to take a visit is a low character individual who we will not stand to have around this program because with Bo there is "no soft" LOL.

Yet we will be happy to host kids who have done the exact same thing with other programs and welcome them with open arms claiming the other coach is a "Big Cheating A$$hole" and of course deserves it.

Look up Hypocrisy. :)

You need to look up Ethical too. Not all of these guys operate the same way. You can't ask one guy to be ethical and others are not. That is just hypocritical!!!!!!!!

I did not read all this, but I have made up my mind on this stuff years ago. As well as leaving early.

A man or young man is only as good as his word. I have no problem with the kids taking all their recruting visits, I think they should. But once you say I am in, that is it. Period. Still testing the water after you have agreed to sign is bull$hit for both shcools.

I agree with his thinking. That is the way life was when I was a kid. I am tired of all these little primadonnas running the program.

You agree to play at Nebraska for 4 years. Do it. Learn what giving your word means.

I admire Suh for his completion of his agreement. He has quality parents.

I am sick to death with the ME ME ME attitude. Finish what you start. I am tired of hearing oh he did not fit in so he can go someplace else, it is okay with me. Bull Crap. Transfering is quitting, period. Nothing else.

Off the soap box.

I still think many of your are getting way out on the limb on the tree of hypocrisy. Is there anyone who doubts that if A Green makes a verbal committment to Texas in February an calls Bo in December next year and wants to visit and commit to NU, that Bo is going to say.

"No son, we don't do that around here. Your word is your bond. You should make up your mind before you commit. That is the time to look around. We don't want your sorry butt up here now".

On the other hand if the young man commits to us in the spring and decides next fall he wants to go see Texas for a visit in December and is the top ranked RB in the nation, do you really think Bo will tell him. You go we pull your scholarship, blah blah... Of course not.

It is sheer sour grapes. Bo was not stating a policy for the ages. It was at a time when he was on the losing end of kids "looking around". This is a new week and we kiped a kid from VT. That's a good thing. That's the way it works.

Bo needs to be a man, quit whining when it goes agaist us and get in their kicking and gouging as long as it is ethical and legal in the eyes of the NCAA and get us some talent. Go steal someone's WRS and a QB.

I don't think he is saying he is pulling a scholarship. He is just saying he doesn't consider them committed. That means he will continue to recruit other QBs or RBs or whatever position that player is. If he gets another commit he wants, then the scholarship is gone. He's telling kids you can't reserve a spot with us and keep looking. You want to look, go ahead, but there's no guarantee on your spot here. You're no different than any other kid that has us on their interest list. Truly commit, and your spot is locked up.

Likewise, if someone who has "committed" to another school wants to visit us, I guess he would figure they are not really committed, and are fair game.

I don't see a hypocrisy here. I also don't see sour grapes. I think he is just upfront setting expectations for both these kids, and others who might want to go to Nebraska that the spot taken by a soft commit is not really taken at all.

I don't know how you protect against a last minute defection like Freeman. I don't recall the recruiting process, did he visit KSU after committing to us?

It's not perfect, but it sends a good message.

bump. This board really needs to get fixed, you either have to double post or post another message to get your post to show up at the top when you don't get some confirmation back when you post a message. This is really getting old.

I know how to fix it, but don't have Admin privileges to do so. Basically an update to the latest software version will fix these issues.

The forum is currently running 2.1.7 version. The latest version (3.0) was released June '09.

:yeah

Once little Gabbert said he was N, Bo and company no longer persued any qb's as aggressive as they may have had Gabbert never committed. Although I'm glad he freed up a scholarship for a better player it put the Huskers behind in getting a qb in this class. Maybe we should start culling players by yanking offers when we get a better commit. Watch Lil Gabbert hold a clip board for his career or end up at NW Missouri State. I still wonder if Bo and company quit holding his hand. To many good players still looking at NU and running out of scholarships.

Once little Gabbert said he was N, Bo and company no longer persued any qb's as aggressive as they may have had Gabbert never committed. Although I'm glad he freed up a scholarship for a better player it put the Huskers behind in getting a qb in this class. Maybe we should start culling players by yanking offers when we get a better commit. Watch Lil Gabbert hold a clip board for his career or end up at NW Missouri State. I still wonder if Bo and company quit holding his hand. To many good players still looking at NU and running out of scholarships.

Hey now, don't knock NWMSU. Actually odds are good he'd enjoy more success going there than he'll get at Missouri (not that he'd necessarily play more or at all, but NWMSU looks to have a better future program wise than Missouri at this point....actually probably more success than most of the Big 12 North schools to be honest :D ).

I still think many of your are getting way out on the limb on the tree of hypocrisy. Is there anyone who doubts that if A Green makes a verbal committment to Texas in February an calls Bo in December next year and wants to visit and commit to NU, that Bo is going to say.

"No son, we don't do that around here. Your word is your bond. You should make up your mind before you commit. That is the time to look around. We don't want your sorry butt up here now".

On the other hand if the young man commits to us in the spring and decides next fall he wants to go see Texas for a visit in December and is the top ranked RB in the nation, do you really think Bo will tell him. You go we pull your scholarship, blah blah... Of course not.

It is sheer sour grapes. Bo was not stating a policy for the ages. It was at a time when he was on the losing end of kids "looking around". This is a new week and we kiped a kid from VT. That's a good thing. That's the way it works.

Bo needs to be a man, quit whining when it goes agaist us and get in their kicking and gouging as long as it is ethical and legal in the eyes of the NCAA and get us some talent. Go steal someone's WRS and a QB.

you just don't get it. decommits happen and we obviously pursue them from other schools. not sure why you think we wouldn't or shouldn't or that anyone here is against it.

as to your other example, if aaron green committed and then decided to visit texas, i'm quite certain it would be explained to him that he won't be considered a commit if he does so. that does not mean we blow him off or pull his offer (assuming he is up front and honest). not sure why that is hard for you to understand.

let me know when you catch bo in a double standard. until then, i'll assume he is a man of his word. i'll also assume he's one hell of a coach until i see differently.

I love it. I feel like many kids are just stringing along some coaches to see what they can get out of it....other offers, more attention, etc. I don't care if they are 17-18 year old kids....it makes perfect sense that if you are sure you want to play for a team then commit. If not, don't waste the time of the coaches and staff.

Billy, I am not sure Bo would be a hypocrite if a kid committed to a team and then wanted to visit....that would be Mack's (aka Big Cheating A$$hole) problem.

Let me understand it then. A kid that commits to Bo and changes his mind and wants to take a visit is a low character individual who we will not stand to have around this program because with Bo there is "no soft" LOL.

Yet we will be happy to host kids who have done the exact same thing with other programs and welcome them with open arms claiming the other coach is a "Big Cheating A$$hole" and of course deserves it.

Look up Hypocrisy. :)

again, please point out where bo said he will not recruit kids committed elsewhere or stop recruiting NU commits that start looking around. bo's point is simple: you are either committed to someone, or you are not. this does NOT mean that you are a necessarily a bad person for changing your mind and does NOT mean that we will necessarily stop recruiting a kid for that reason. however, being directly dishonest about your intentions is obviously a deal breaker for this staff, as it should be.

Once little Gabbert said he was N, Bo and company no longer persued any qb's as aggressive as they may have had Gabbert never committed. Although I'm glad he freed up a scholarship for a better player it put the Huskers behind in getting a qb in this class.

Perhaps the coaching staff just flat out quit saying "if you committ to us early (like both Gabberts did), then we won't recurit another QB or whatever posistion for this class.

Back to the orginal post in this thread, if this is how Bo wants to run his program, more power to him. Just more "black & white", either you're committed to be a Husker, or you're not and in Bo's eyes, if you take other official visits after verbaling to Nebraska, well don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Another thing to consider with this article is the timing and context as it relates to recent events. This is Bo's indirect response to said events. As he already mentioned, this has been his stance in the past, even before coming to NU. I consider this his way of setting a precedence by using the media to inform potential future recruits. Now they know where he stands on the matter.

I don't think he is saying he is pulling a scholarship. He is just saying he doesn't consider them committed. That means he will continue to recruit other QBs or RBs or whatever position that player is. If he gets another commit he wants, then the scholarship is gone. He's telling kids you can't reserve a spot with us and keep looking. You want to look, go ahead, but there's no guarantee on your spot here. You're no different than any other kid that has us on their interest list. Truly commit, and your spot is locked up.

Likewise, if someone who has "committed" to another school wants to visit us, I guess he would figure they are not really committed, and are fair game.

I don't see a hypocrisy here. I also don't see sour grapes. I think he is just upfront setting expectations for both these kids, and others who might want to go to Nebraska that the spot taken by a soft commit is not really taken at all.

I don't know how you protect against a last minute defection like Freeman. I don't recall the recruiting process, did he visit KSU after committing to us?

It's not perfect, but it sends a good message.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding

You must have scored perfect on your reading comprehension on your ACT or SAT!!

This is exactly what he said.

you just don't get it. decommits happen and we obviously pursue them from other schools. not sure why you think we wouldn't or shouldn't or that anyone here is against it.

as to your other example, if aaron green committed and then decided to visit texas, i'm quite certain it would be explained to him that he won't be considered a commit if he does so. that does not mean we blow him off or pull his offer (assuming he is up front and honest). not sure why that is hard for you to understand.

let me know when you catch bo in a double standard. until then, i'll assume he is a man of his word. i'll also assume he's one hell of a coach until i see differently.

dont pay attention to billyball.. he is in the dbhof after all.

as far as the mizzou guy coming back 2 months after the ass kicking.. 2 months after all their sh#t talking pos fans did on here went up in flames, and all their dreams crashing down to earth.

comical.