Prince going pro??

Hopefully he learns from Suh that another season under this coaching staff can improve your play and your draft stock.

Or he could learn from Bradford, Gresham and Tebow that all that lies ahead is a serious injury and possibly losing millions. It goes both ways. Do I want Prince to go Pro? No. Should he go Pro if the opportunity arises? Absolutely. I dont know a person in the world that would throw away a winning lottery ticket. School will always be there, your knees may not.

I agree. However, if he does put himself out there and impresses at the combine, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a first or second rounder. He has great size/speed and shifts his hips well in coverage and is a good tackler. Another year definitely won't hurt, but pro pundits may think he is ready now.

True about Bradford, but I think QBs are more in danger of injury than a CB. It can happen to anyone obviously, but there are guys targeting the QB on every single snap. CB is less risky I would think. It all depends on where he'll be projected. I hope he returns because I really think he could increase his draft stock substantially after another year here.

If you're near top ten pick, you're an idiot not to cash in your ticket. But if you're a third rounder, you're an idiot for not improving your chances. You know that Bo is going to make you a few thousand every week you hang around with him and Sanders. Injury is always a risk, but the reward for sticking here for one more season could be massive.

Some people value the experience of playing big-time college football more than the million dollar paycheck. Look at Jake Locker. He can't improve his draft stock because he was already going to go in the top ten, maybe even #1. He's coming back to play college football.

A million dollars is tough to pass up, but for a lot of players, the joy of college football memories last a lot longer than the joy of getting the big house with the pool in back. Lots of players who decide on the latter regret it pretty quickly. Look at Shonn Greene. From what I've heard, it sounds like he may be regretting his decision to leave early. Last year he was playing in front of thousands of fans who wore green to support their star player in one of the program's most memorable wins of all-time (upsetting #3 Penn St. in Iowa City). Now, he's a back-up on the Jets who gets about seven carries a game. He's got the Prada shoes and the big house, but he passed up a chance to take Iowa to their sixth Rose Bowl and possibly their first Rose Bowl win since the '50s. Instead, he's working full-time on an average team backing up this guy:

Fall07-p-ThomasJones-1.jpg

That Florida CB leaving earlier is a likely top 10 pick, and he's garnered a reputation as maybe THE best corner in the college game right now over three years of starting.

I think Prince will stay.

Not disagreeing with you, but Lucky turned down a chance to be a mid round pick and ended up not being picked at all in the following draft.

He could've fallen far below a 3rd round pick regardless. Darius Walker from ND came out early, I'm sure he had a decent grade. Still got drafted real, real late IIRC.

Get used to it guys.......Once Bo has established NU as a true defensive power agian, this will happen year after year. We have been seeing guys leave early from around the country for many years and even here with a few in recent years.....this is something we will have to deal with as fans from here on out...

This should NOT be moved to rumorville, because it is NOT a rumor. 1620 the zone has reported that Prince is "testing the waters" to see where he will go. This is fact, not rumor. We are discussing on whether or not he should or shouldn't go.

IMO, if he is a 1st rounder or early 2nd, he should go. I agree, school will always be there, but if he gets hurt, school will be all he has left. If he is projected late 2nd or later, then he should stay and try to improve.

** This rumor.....he may not be the only D player "testing the waters"...... I wasn't given any names, but was told today by a student at UNL that we could lose a couple of underclassmen. Throw me to the wolves for not producing names or sources, but I said it was RUMOR.......(and yes, I know that UNL isn't in session so kids aren't on campus, so please don't hit me with that one)