Rex Burkhead

Physically speaking, he has unbelievable balance. He always forward after getting hit, and the reason is because he can feel which way the defender is attacking his body, and has the ability to adjust in an opposing way that allows him to still make forward progress. It's an art form, and it is so much fun to walk. Besides that, he plays with a low pad level, and has good acceleration going into the hole so he is already full speed or close to it.

But his greatest attribute, in my opinion, is his heart for football, and his unyielding effort.

He's good for the same reason Boise State is good. He just wants it more than anyone else. I read an interesting article on ESPN the other day that was talking about why 3 star recruits often times make better college players than 4 and 5 star recruits. It's simple. It's heart and desire.

That's fine, but Rex was a 4-star recruit last year.

Why is Rex Burkhead so good? He is an undersized white kid from Texas and he is ripping it up at the running back position. He isn't the biggest or fastest kid on the team so why is he so good? I am not sure but I think he is so good because he has tremendous vision as a runner and he has a high football IQ. What do you guys think? What makes Burkhead so good? The deck is stacked against him but he still just rips it up.

The deck is stacked against him? Why? Because he's white? I don't get it.

He really isn't undersized at all, when you think about it. I don't think anyone would say Marlon Lucky was undersized, but Rex is one inch shorter and ten pounds lighter (which is still 200 lbs).

getting back on track here, seriously what do you think makes him so good?

knowledge of the game, I am anxious to see how one years college expierence affects next year.

Obviously he picks up things fast, offensive schemes, pass blocking, etc.

Pretty impressive for a freshmen. Hope we find another at any position next year.

The two things I loved about him were 1) Always held on to the ball and 2) Always seemed to get yards after contact. Players would hit him but he'd manage to squeeze in a few more or fall forward the right way. He's going to be something special, to think this is his first year as a true freshman who missed 5 games and still had the impact he did is very encouraging.

The dude is a FOOTBALL player. Thats it. Dont make this tough. Many people have mentioned it above in one form or another. He just wants it. He wants to beat you. You dont become a high school legend in texas for nothing. I remembering reading stories that opposing fans would be surprised to find out he was white early in his high school career. I wouldnt want to play him in tic tac toe.

He's a player. You won't confuse him with Adrian Peterson as a freshman for many reasons. In fact he probably won't be the talent that an Ahman, LP, or Rozier were. Time will only tell if he is as good as someone like say a Bernard Jackson. A pretty damn good back but not a game changer.... yet. Don't get me wrong here, I really enjoy watching him and think he has a bright future. I will say one thing however. I sure wouldn't trade him for Ingram!!!