Nebraska IS back!

I had a talk with some Texas fans tonight that made me realize one thing I'd like to share. Nebraska football is back! Some may argue that we need to win our conference an x amount of times or win a national championship a y amount of times. The Texas fans would obviously disagree. They expressed their dread at having to play in Lincoln next year.

Teams no longer want to play us. Our team, coach, and fanbase feel that we can line up with any team in the country and beat them. We are hoping for an undefeated season next year, and will be disappointed if we do lose a game. Our defense is getting the national media to sing our praises, and most voters will even feel confident enough to put us in the preseason top 10.

Nebraska football is back! Feels good, huh?

P.S. Now that we are "back," we now need to win games and championships to stay there.

Some how I think the 90's teams would question that coment.

A long ways to go, no matter what Bo says.

Texas always dreads to play us. Everygame is a contest it seems. They win them, but we have their number.

We truly did not beat anyone this year.

Lost to VaTech Top 15 rank

Lost to Iowa State Not ranked

Got man handled by Texas Tech Not ranked

Lost to Texas Number two

Beat Arizona, in some polls 22-20 or vice versa.

Thinking we are back by beating Arizona is not good enough for me.

I think we have a chance, but we lose what truly made this team this year. Can the staff get the offense to be a threat every game. Can we replace Suh and the others lost.

We go 13-0 next year, get into a BCS game and win, we will be on our way back. Takes more than one year to know where you are.

Some how I think the 90's teams would question that coment.

A long ways to go, no matter what Bo says.

Texas always dreads to play us. Everygame is a contest it seems. They win them, but we have their number.

We truly did not beat anyone this year.

Lost to VaTech Top 15 rank

Lost to Iowa State Not ranked

Got man handled by Texas Tech Not ranked

Lost to Texas Number two

Beat Arizona, in some polls 22-20 or vice versa.

Thinking we are back by beating Arizona is not good enough for me.

I think we have a chance, but we lose what truly made this team this year. Can the staff get the offense to be a threat every game. Can we replace Suh and the others lost.

We go 13-0 next year, get into a BCS game and win, we will be on our way back. Takes more than one year to know where you are.

Being "back" is a mindset. You cannot measure it with tangible numbers. Even if you could, you think we would not even be back after going 14-0 and winning the MNC? Hard for me to even comprehend the logic in that..

dont say we didnt beat anyone...we beat tough teams...that are on their way back up...

i was just saying that i don't think this season proves we are back, we had four loses. 3 were close, but one was to ISU. knock of two of those loses and we have a great season, but this season did not prove we were back.

It's not really our perception that defines it. The outside world does. We can think we're a decent offense away from being back but the other teams are starting to fear our defense. I started feeling the same way about miami this season until they got whooped by VT. Pick the one game on the schedule that concerns you most next season. You better believe we're on a few teams' lists.

When you are mentioned in the same breath annually with Florida, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, ect... to being in the hunt.

We scared the living crap out of Texas and the BCS which is a good start, but when we start to become a fixture year in and year out in the Big 12 CCG is when we can say we are back in my opinion.

To me, "back" means being in that elite group of teams that gets talked about by the national media every single year because they've proven their worth in the long term. Right now that group is Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Alabama (the newest member) and maybe even Boise State. LSU, Oregon, Ohio St., TCU and Virginia Tech are all fringe members of this group. With two BCS bowl appearances and top 10 finishes in the next two years, I'll consider us there.