Cooper commitment possibly coming soon.....

Word is that Sanders will be in-home with CC today and that he will be "N" very soon........ :)

You should have clarified that by "in-home" you meant that Cooper will be in-home when he talks to Sanders on the phone. :cop:

:rollin Funny guy

I was simply relaying the info that was given me stating Sanders was going to be "in-home". Whether that was yesterday or today or next week doesn't really matter does it?? Bottom line, CC's father texted my co-worker that CC was coming. That is the important part.....

NO INSIDER INFO ON THIS- But I think he wants to do the hat thing on signing day.

Coach Pelini needs a policy on this. If you're heart set on doing "the hat thing" and want all of the build-up, hype, and fawning that goes on prior to it, you need to look somewhere else. I HATE it.

NO INSIDER INFO ON THIS- But I think he wants to do the hat thing on signing day.

Coach Pelini needs a policy on this. If you're heart set on doing "the hat thing" and want all of the build-up, hype, and fawning that goes on prior to it, you need to look somewhere else. I HATE it.

I do understand what you are saying but at the same time think of what a huge deal this is for a kid, think how hard he has worked to get where he is at, maybe he wants all his family to see maybe he his family in other parts of the country that he wants to have a chance to see. If the kid says, "hey coach, I am coming to your school, but please dont tell anyone yet, I want it to be a surprise for my family and friends"

I mean, I dont see anything wrong withthat. It is really a huge huge day for the kid, think how many kids have parties for graduating and getting into the school they want, this is kind of the same thing. It is not always about a kid who wants to just be in the limelight, sometimes they are just really proud of the accomplishment.

Then you are going to miss out on a good amount of kids that are highly recruited.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not sure how you can frown on a kid wanting a little "attention/celebration" while choosing a school. I bet most of us had graduation parties, wedding receptions, etc....

** Getting a football scholly to a big time program is something to be extremely proud of and he should be allowed to "celebrate" it. The few times that my players have had a chance to go to a big time school, as a coach, I encouraged a celebration with parents/newspaper/student body there......great publicity for your school and team. Plus, I have always wondered why some think it is a crime to give kids rewards/awards/attention.

If he wants to do the "hat" thing infront of student body, then go for it. He has "earned" that right. Believe me, the one thing I am pretty sure of, is that Bo can recognize "character" and he will recruit team players, not self-centered.

Then you are going to miss out on a good amount of kids that are highly recruited.

COMPLETELY fine by me. I'll take one or two more 3 stars as opposed to the prima donnas.

EDIT: I guess I can live with it if the recruit has told the coaches ahead of time and wants to surprise everyone else. I also don't have a problem with a celebration. My problem is with the recruits who just love having coaches clamoring over them and fighting each other to gain their "services". I'm all for celebrating and having fun, but not for recruiting class structure to be put on hold because one kid wants "Countdown to Signing Day" to watch him try on 6 hats, throw 4 down, agonize over 2, and finally pull one from out of his coat to put on. These recruits are lucky to have the opportunity to play college football and should be respectful to coaching staffs that recruit them and of the time that goes into it.

COMPLETELY fine by me. I'll take one or two more 3 stars as opposed to the prima donnas.

I'll take silent commits of this calibur that do the hat thing on signing day. You saying if Owa wants to do the hat thing we wont accept a commitment? That would be extremely dumb. Just because someone decides to announce to the public in this manner doesnt make them a prima donna. I personally would like the exposure to the school.

Why not let him do the hat thing? For the next four, five or maybe even six years, he will be getting the "Team, Team, Team" mantra drilled into his head...why not let him enjoy what he's worked for?

Update: new details have changed things a bit. Apparently Coopers were expecting an in-home visit but only received a phone call from our staff. Word is they aren't exactly pleased about this. He is now not the "lock" we expected him to be. Apparently is reconsidering the Irish along with Prater....Will announce on signing day. I have a hunch this could get interesting... :angry:

Update: new details have changed things a bit. Apparently Coopers were expecting an in-home visit but only received a phone call from our staff. Word is they aren't exactly pleased about this. He is now not the "lock" we expected him to be. Apparently is reconsidering the Irish along with Prater....Will announce on signing day. I have a hunch this could get interesting... :angry:

Sorry for the double post