Cooper commitment possibly coming soon.....

Update: new details have changed things a bit. Apparently Coopers were expecting an in-home visit but only received a phone call from our staff. Word is they aren't exactly pleased about this. He is now not the "lock" we expected him to be. Apparently is reconsidering the Irish along with Prater....Will announce on signing day. I have a hunch this could get interesting... :angry:

Interesting, but HI said that Notre Dame was doing in-home yesterday with Cooper and that Coach Sanders called him yesterday.

My question is, how could've they expected two in-home visits from two separate schools on the same day? :dunno

Today an insider over at HI is 99.9% certain that Cooper is a silent commit to Nebraska.

Needless to say, if what you just posted is true, then this should be resolved, and quickly by the NU staff.

I will try to spin this in a positive light. Perhaps ND came with the in-home as their final press for Cooper. If he is a silent commit to us then hopefully that was ND's last gasp and we called him to make sure he was still N. If he was already a silent commit, then perhaps we figured the in-home was not necessary (i.e. keep the budget down). That's my positive thinking for the day! ;)

Update: new details have changed things a bit. Apparently Coopers were expecting an in-home visit but only received a phone call from our staff. Word is they aren't exactly pleased about this. He is now not the "lock" we expected him to be. Apparently is reconsidering the Irish along with Prater....Will announce on signing day. I have a hunch this could get interesting... :angry:

Interesting, but HI said that Notre Dame was doing in-home yesterday with Cooper and that Coach Sanders called him yesterday.

My question is, how could've they expected two in-home visits from two separate schools on the same day? :dunno

Today an insider over at HI is 99.9% certain that Cooper is a silent commit to Nebraska.

Needless to say, if what you just posted is true, then this should be resolved, and quickly by the NU staff.

It's not clear when the Coopers expected the in-home from Sanders, just that they expected one (instead of a phone call).

There will be still be one, right?

The entire defensive staff completed an in-home a couple weeks ago with him. Whether there will be another one is unclear, (the Coopers expected an in-home from Sanders and they got a phone call) but I would assume our coaches are on it. I'm holding out hope. We need to lock this guy up!

Now that Carroll seems to be packing up and heading to Seattle, the Prater situation could throw a wrench in things too.......

I am sure the staff is completely on top of this........just sounds a little like "Barry Switzer sure that he had Turner Gill locked up" and didnt go to the house and Tom did.......look how that played out.

** Go get this kid

Maybe I am wrong on this but I thought you could only have one in-home visit with each kid.

i could also be wrong, but i think that only the head coach is limited to one visit. i do not know the rules for other assistants visiting.

I keep trying to think back to the recruiting process on EA Sports College Football!

Like I have been saying... There is something up with this one. Lets put down all the facts.

1. Loved his visit.

2. Loved his first in home visit.

3. Had an in home last night that has been very quiet.

4. We are "saving a spot for him" in a year where we have a lot of kids interested but not a lot of scholarship room.

5. He will announce on signing day.

My conclusion based upon these facts...

He already has his mind made up. Last thing to think about...

Why would Bo Pelini save a spot for a kid that is a "maybe" ESPECIALLY in a year where we could use that spot for someone else? ie Simek or Colter? If he were to end up signing with someone else on signing day then you would think that Simek and Colter would already be committed elsewhere and it would be too late for us.

There is something up with this one. I dont think that Bo would save a spot for a kid that was going to tell us to eat it at the end.

EZ, this post of yours was quoted over on HP the other day, said you were a "poster who is almost always right." You are becoming a celebrity. How will you deal with your new found fame? Drugs, women, both?

Like I have been saying... There is something up with this one. Lets put down all the facts.

1. Loved his visit.

4. We are "saving a spot for him" in a year where we have a lot of kids interested but not a lot of scholarship room.

Why would Bo Pelini save a spot for a kid that is a "maybe" ESPECIALLY in a year where we could use that spot for someone else? ie Simek or Colter? If he were to end up signing with someone else on signing day then you would think that Simek and Colter would already be committed elsewhere and it would be too late for us.

There is something up with this one. I dont think that Bo would save a spot for a kid that was going to tell us to eat it at the end.

EZ, this post of yours was quoted over on HP the other day, said you were a "poster who is almost always right." You are becoming a celebrity. How will you deal with your new found fame? Drugs, women, both?

Hahahaha. I'll settle for meeting up with you at a game this fall for a beer.

1. Loved his visit.

Hahahaha. I'll settle for meeting up with you at a game this fall for a beer.

I hope I can get to one, I am on the East Coast. May make for the Spring Game, made it last year, and possibly for the CU game over T-Day. If I do though, a beer sure sounds good to me.