ESPN Best Coaching job poll

Now that word is out about this poll it is time we make our presence felt.

fixed your sig for you: "If Tom Osborne tells you to jump......."ask how high?", If Tom Osborne tells you to eat glass...."ask how much?", If Tom Osborne tells you to follow him into the depths of a burning inferno........ ask him how long you will be staying in boulder."

I see the only bad thing about being the coach at Nebraska being the weather, but that is no worse than the rest of the midwest teams. Nebraska has a lot of funds that go through the football program (I think it was the 4th richest the last time they gaged these things, which was recently), and the coaches generally get a couple years before the fan base turns on them, and that's only if they lose more than they win. I'd like to be a coach at Nebraska because it's hard to think of a better culture that surrounds the program.

People are voting based on RIGHT NOW. Urban Meyer, Petey and Mack have all earned job security, but those places were not as HUGE until after those guys got there(outside of Mack)

ND,Ohio st., Penn st., Michigan and Nebraska and maybe Miami are those elite programs.. Crazy fans.. best of the best..IMO

I respectfully disagree with you on USC. USC was elite before Pete and will remain after him. Even without 5 stars recruits the in state talent will still be better that most of the country. They were off for a while but they have 11 National championship and 7 Heisman winners. (for now)

Why is Georgia on the list. ND probably is the best job in the country due to there fan support. I know I know we have the sell out streak and make tons of money. They are the the countries #1 catholic institution. When coaches are hired and fired check how much media is present. Even with terrible record they are in the top 3 in revenue every year. I could go on.

People are voting based on RIGHT NOW. Urban Meyer, Petey and Mack have all earned job security, but those places were not as HUGE until after those guys got there(outside of Mack)

ND,Ohio st., Penn st., Michigan and Nebraska and maybe Miami are those elite programs.. Crazy fans.. best of the best..IMO

I respectfully disagree with you on USC. USC was elite before Pete and will remain after him. Even without 5 stars recruits the in state talent will still be better that most of the country. They were off for a while but they have 11 National championship and 7 Heisman winners. (for now)

Why is Georgia on the list. ND probably is the best job in the country due to there fan support. I know I know we have the sell out streak and make tons of money. They are the the countries #1 catholic institution. When coaches are hired and fired check how much media is present. Even with terrible record they are in the top 3 in revenue every year. I could go on.

Ya, but i believe that Petey made them into an elite program. They were never a bad program but they werent the "go-to job" before Petey went there.

USC went 19-18 in three seasons under Hackett before Carroll got there, and were 12-11 under Robinson the two years before that. They had only gone to the Rose bowl five times in the 20 years prior to Carroll, going 2-3.

USC has long been a pillar of college football, but they haven't always been elite. They had a significant period of irrelevance for more than a decade before Carroll.

I see the only bad thing about being the coach at Nebraska being the weather, but that is no worse than the rest of the midwest teams. Nebraska has a lot of funds that go through the football program (I think it was the 4th richest the last time they gaged these things, which was recently), and the coaches generally get a couple years before the fan base turns on them, and that's only if they lose more than they win. I'd like to be a coach at Nebraska because it's hard to think of a better culture that surrounds the program.

The only bad thing about Nebraska is the weather? How about being located smack dab in the middle of nowhere trying to convince recruits to come here when they could go to schools with warm weather, beaches, hot co-eds, etc.? There's already a thread here on Huskerboard about whether to give up the sellout streak for more to do in Lincoln and Omaha. If I were a high profile coach, the first job I'd run from is the Notre Dame job. They have the money and the fans, but they also have tough academic standards. It's no coincidence that none of the previous three coaches had a record there of winning 60% or more of the games. The next tier of run from jobs were Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska. The jobs I'd run to would be the Florida jobs, Georgia, LSU, Texas, and OU. If you want to recruit the best players, then having a college amongst them is great.

Since 1998, Ohio State is the only school to win a NC other than the schools listed as my run to schools. It doesn't mean other schools can't win the NC, but I do think it demonstrates where it is the easiest if you will to win a NC. Nick Saban could coach at lets say the University of Wyoming in Laramie. I think it's naive to believe he could turn them into a perennial contender because he just wouldn't be able to get the players up there. It's interesting how Les Miles jumped at the opportunity to leave all the T. Boone Pickens money at Okie State for LSU. Nebraska can and will win, but it won't be because we have better players than Texas, the Florida schools, USC, etc. We will win because of work ethic, coaching, and player development.

The only bad thing about Nebraska is the weather? How about being located smack dab in the middle of nowhere trying to convince recruits to come here when they could go to schools with warm weather, beaches, hot co-eds, etc.? There's already a thread here on Huskerboard about whether to give up the sellout streak for more to do in Lincoln and Omaha. If I were a high profile coach, the first job I'd run from is the Notre Dame job. They have the money and the fans, but they also have tough academic standards. It's no coincidence that none of the previous three coaches had a record there of winning 60% or more of the games. The next tier of run from jobs were Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska. The jobs I'd run to would be the Florida jobs, Georgia, LSU, Texas, and OU. If you want to recruit the best players, then having a college amongst them is great.

Since 1998, Ohio State is the only school to win a NC other than the schools listed as my run to schools. It doesn't mean other schools can't win the NC, but I do think it demonstrates where it is the easiest if you will to win a NC. Nick Saban could coach at lets say the University of Wyoming in Laramie. I think it's naive to believe he could turn them into a perennial contender because he just wouldn't be able to get the players up there. It's interesting how Les Miles jumped at the opportunity to leave all the T. Boone Pickens money at Okie State for LSU. Nebraska can and will win, but it won't be because we have better players than Texas, the Florida schools, USC, etc. We will win because of work ethic, coaching, and player development.

work ethic, coaching, and player development is what will give us the better players; we will have better players because of those facets. we had the best player in SUH and he did here what he never would have done at UT.