Missouri season reveiw

This guy actually laid it out pretty straight, except for this gem:

The season started with a huge win against a dark horse contender for the Big 11 title.

Maybe you could have said Illinois was a dark horse title contender after the second week of the season, but after that they had 5 straight losses and finished the season 3-9.

The season started with a huge win against a dark horse contender for the Big 11 title.

Maybe you could have said Illinois was a dark horse title contender after the second week of the season, but after that they had 5 straight losses and finished the season 3-9.

the paper and the kool aid had people believing in this team. i mean it wasn't that long ago they were playing USC in the rose bowl.

But yea they tanked.

In all fairness, at the time of the Ill/MU game, Illinois was considered a dark horse for the Big 10+1.

To be objective, I don't see MU going away. I don't know if they will ever be an elite team, but with Pinkle, they perhaps could average eight or nine wins per regular season. The problem I see with Missouri is Pinkle appears to have a great offensive mind but not nearly as good on defense. Against elite teams that have great defenses and have at least serviceable offense, MU will struggle for the most part. That was a big problem Leach's TTU.

In all fairness, at the time of the Ill/MU game, Illinois was considered a dark horse for the Big 10+1.

True and I can completely understand that. My point is, I don't think a writer can create a season review and then put that in there. It's rather misleading to say it at the end of the season after they went 3-9. I can completely understand him saying it if he wrote this after Week 2 or Week 3, but not at this point.