The guys over on Oregon boards seem to believe UCLA has been out of it for awhile. Perhaps the Nigerian thing is just a rumor.

http://oregon.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1130&tid=128915883&mid=128915883&sid=1065&style=2

i think they are wrong...

Is this the Nigerian neighborhood connection???

Taken from the Oregon board. Olaniyan from MD did visit on the same day as Owa and committed 10 days later. Uko never visited UCLA and has since committed to USC. If Owa's mom wants to have her son go to UCLA based on another recruit from MD being Nigerian decent, then we may lose out.(doubt it)

I think Owa is handling his decision/recruitment in a different manner than Olaniyan. They are both making their own decisions, and I doubt that he is a UCLA lean due to Olaniyan committing when they visited on the same weekend(11/6/09).

Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends.

Posted on 12/12 10:55 AM | IP: Logged

This needs to be merged with the other Owa thread.

I have heard no solid reports that he will be N on signing day and that he is a silent commit. But I do think that we a great chance to get him.

We need to compare sources sometime... :cheers

Isnt that what we do on this board? haha.

Anyways, Im not saying it isnt true; but I have heard nothing like this. I am not at all trying to be arguementitive or a buzz kill either.

• Fire 1

I have heard no solid reports that he will be N on signing day and that he is a silent commit. But I do think that we a great chance to get him.

We need to compare sources sometime... :cheers

Isnt that what we do on this board? haha.

Anyways, Im not saying it isnt true; but I have heard nothing like this. I am not at all trying to be arguementitive or a buzz kill either.

haha true...

I though it was odd too, but I've heard it from three different people now so we'll see what happens.

• Fire 2

Hey Miami, this is prolly a dumb question, but you heard this from three RELIABLE sources right? Not someone who may be yanking your leg for a chuckle I hope...

In home with OU and Owa tonight. Anyone have any inside sources on how that is going? It should be happening right now.

Technically it's UO, no word yet, it's still only 7:00 PM out in Oregon though.

Hey Miami, this is prolly a dumb question, but you heard this from three RELIABLE sources right? Not someone who may be yanking your leg for a chuckle I hope...

In home with OU and Owa tonight. Anyone have any inside sources on how that is going? It should be happening right now.

Technically it's UO, no word yet, it's still only 7:00 PM out in Oregon though.

Slightly dsylectic, I should of said, Oregon.