Major Culbert

So I don't know if this has been posted, but I was watching Foxsports Cancun or something today and they were showing the Cactus Bowl. The Cactus Bowl is a Hula Bowl or Senior Bowl type all-star game for Division II. In the forth quarter the sideline reporter interviews one of the safeties for the West team, and it's former Husker Major Culbert. I don't remember much about the kid when he was here which is why I probably didn't know he had transfered. Anyway just thought it was nice to see he ended his football career on a high note.

On a side note he seems like a very confident guy and I think he should work on his interview skills, but that might just be me.

Major had to leave NU for some undisclosed reasons. He transfered to ACU, a powerhoues DII program in Texas and has thrived as a safety here. I talked to him the other day at school and he said that he was doing much better here, but gushed about Nebraska's program. He loved it there. And I feel under Pelini's system he could have shined. Too bad he was there with Callahan. He said that he has a shot at the NFL... scouts have been contacting him. He is the second safety to transfer from Nebraska to ACU... Daniel Manning was another who is now a started for the Chicago Bears.

I was a big Major Culbert fan when he was here. I always think of the Mizzou game in 2006 when he was running around making plays. Never really did much after that.

me too, i was at that game and he was outstanding. too bad him and castille liked the "puff puff give" :LOLtartar But...i'm glad that he got to keep playing AC.

Major had to leave NU for some undisclosed reasons. He transfered to ACU, a powerhoues DII program in Texas and has thrived as a safety here. I talked to him the other day at school and he said that he was doing much better here, but gushed about Nebraska's program. He loved it there. And I feel under Pelini's system he could have shined. Too bad he was there with Callahan. He said that he has a shot at the NFL... scouts have been contacting him. He is the second safety to transfer from Nebraska to ACU... Daniel Manning was another who is now a started for the Chicago Bears.

I would be pretty happy to see Major end up as a Bear. :thumbs

Daniel Manning was a Husker? Wow. Did not know that.

this last draft in 2009 a few guys were taken from ACU...Bernard Scott RB Cincinnati Bengals and Johnny Knox WR Chicago Bears....so clearly they know what they are doing at ACU and it wouldnt surprise me if Major Culbert did indeed get drafed in the later rounds of the NFL draft.

Manning was going to be a Husker, but couldn't qualify. He would've been in the same backfield with Fabian Washington and the Bullocks twins.