Nebraska Kansas State Game Moved

I'm all for it. We get the national spotlight in what will be a solid matchup of north title contenders. We get plenty of prep time for our first conference game & the big one after that. The games are far enough part that our players will have no trouble focusing on the game at hand (KSt) as opposed to looking past them at the TU game. This is a win-win-win situation. Hope we can make that a quad-win situation ;)

That gives us two extra days to prepare for Texas, and still gives us nearly two full weeks to prep for KSU.

I think this is a good move, and can only help increase our exposure. :thumbs

Actually doesn't it give us 5 less days to prepare for Texas? The KSU game is moved from Oct. 2 to Oct. 7.

Yep. Not sure what I was thinking there. I'm working with a head cold, so I'll blame it on the drugs. :dumdum

I guess I would like it more if it was against a better team. I still don't think KSU is better than 7-5 or 8-4 this next season.

Maybe, but KSU has a shot to be a Bowl team so beating a solid team on National TV is a plus in the end. It is an away game, so we don't loose any recruiting opportunities and actually gain from that standpoint because of the national broadcast. The timing allows the staff some extra time to fix some things after non-con and also still gives the staff a couple of extra days prior to Texas than a normal game week. Plus I can watch it now, so I really don't see a down side.

The only negative I see is that it puts us at a preparation disadvantage against Texas, as they have the week of Oct 9th off.

Positives:

A nationally televised game that otherwise might have been on FSN or even PPV. Exposure is always good. And we should be able to handle the cats.

It does spread out the week off , with 5 days extra for KSU and 2 for Texas. I've always thought that was maybe better than just a full week off. The break is at a good time of year, too. Regroup a bit after the nonconference games, fine-tune and even implement systemic changes that might have become necessary as the season has played out.

And, a big positive for me, personally, is that it frees up my viewing schedule on Saturday to watch and record more games without having to account for the Huskers. I'll already be basking in the glow of another big win on national TV.

:koolaid2:

I found the KSU scheduling goals interesting. Especially this one:

2) to have at least 11 FBS (formerly known as I-A) opponents each season;

Recall that in 2009 they had 2 FCS games, and it kept them out of a bowl. Even granny Snyder has figured out that that is not a good thing.