Nebraska Kansas State Game Moved

Linky

How do you feel about another Thursday night game to open up Big XII Play?

I am all for it. It is a road game, and NU is unbeaten on Thursday nights. Don't like giving up home games, but a road game is cool, plus, it gets the National spotlight for that night. :koolaid2:

:yeah and it still gives the coaches plenty of time to get ready for TX.

Just read some stuff on KSUfans.com. They seem pretty upset over this. Think Osborne should worry about our own home games. They think it's bullsh#t cuz most of their fanbase comes from 2+ hours away (and north platte and kearney are right around the corner :facepalm: ) and that a thursday night game would affect attendence. Also that Nebraska is afraid to have a thursday night game cuz we dont want to ruin our sellout streak. :LOLtartar

I simply said the Memorial Stadium would sellout at 2am on Christmas morning in a 10 below blizzard against a Division 2 team and how hard can it be to put together 50000 people on a thursday night, hell we'll pitch in with our usual 5-10k. :koolaid2:

I guess I would like it more if it was against a better team. I still don't think KSU is better than 7-5 or 8-4 this next season.

i disagree they are at best a 6-6 team.

Sat, Sep 04 UCLA Manhattan, Kan. l

Sat, Sep 11 Missouri State Manhattan, Kan. w

Sat, Sep 18 Iowa State at Kansas City, Mo. l

Sat, Sep 25 Central Florida Manhattan, Kan. w

Sat, Oct 02 BYE BYE BYE

Thu, Oct 07 Nebraska * Manhattan, Kan. l

ESPN

Sat, Oct 16 Kansas * at Lawrence, Kan. l

Sat, Oct 23 Baylor * at Waco, Texas TBA l

Sat, Oct 30 Oklahoma State * Manhattan, Kan. l

Sat, Nov 06 Texas * Manhattan, Kan. l

Sat, Nov 13 Missouri * at Columbia, Mo. l

Sat, Nov 20 Colorado * at Boulder, Colo. l

Sat, Nov 27 North Texas at Denton, Texas w

that said the Baylor and Colorado games as of right now they lose only because they aren't at home. i don't want to guess on how good robert griffen will be coming off of that acl injury

Linky

How do you feel about another Thursday night game to open up Big XII Play?

I am all for it. It is a road game, and NU is unbeaten on Thursday nights. Don't like giving up home games, but a road game is cool, plus, it gets the National spotlight for that night. :koolaid2:

What do you mean giving up a home game?

After finding out more about the revenue sharing in the Big XII pertaining to the ESPN/ABC contract, I am all for playing one of the North Division games on a Thursday every year. Like many of you mentioned, it gives us a national spotlight game AND revenue from the ESPN/ABC contract that we otherwise would have lost out on because it would have been a FOX regional broadcast.

I also like what we are doing to maximize revenue dollars from TV. 3 PPV games against the powder puffs, non-conference game against quality opponent will at least be regional if not national on ESPN/ABC, 1 Thursday night game, CU/NU after Thanksgiving, and either UT or OU on national TV. That gives us at least 4 games on ESPN/ABC (plus CCG, makes 5) and 3 PPV games which we dont split revenues with the rest of the conference. And typically, one of our other South division opponents' game will be on ESPN/ABC also. I think we have found a little niche to maximize our TV revenues....

Just read some stuff on KSUfans.com. They seem pretty upset over this. Think Osborne should worry about our own home games. They think it's bullsh#t cuz most of their fanbase comes from 2+ hours away (and north platte and kearney are right around the corner :facepalm: ) and that a thursday night game would affect attendence. Also that Nebraska is afraid to have a thursday night game cuz we dont want to ruin our sellout streak. :LOLtartar

I simply said the Memorial Stadium would sellout at 2am on Christmas morning in a 10 below blizzard against a Division 2 team and how hard can it be to put together 50000 people on a thursday night, hell we'll pitch in with our usual 5-10k. :koolaid2:

AH HA!!! You would be "The Husker 1" :thumbs I was kicked off of that site last year. They hate anyone who can talk fact's and football.

I will be at the game since I'm stuck here in Manhattan. Alot of the KSU faithful are not happy about this Thursday night thing.Here is a quote from one of the purple vermin:

Kansas State would win this game whenever they played. Nebraska isn't going to be very good.

Funny that the Lincoln paper made it sound like this was K-States idea. Now Nebraska has another excuse when they loose.