Signing Day Predictions

Who do we end up with?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, looks like the world has run dry of signing news about our final three prospects, so it's time to make your final decision on who we land. Now keep in mind that your pic is legally binding and leaves you open for scrutiny and the eating of large amounts of crow. Post your answers here so after you vote so you can all change your post and brag later. :thumbs

Here are your options:

Owamagbe Odighizuwa :star :star :star :star :star

Defensive End - Portland, Oregon

OWAMAGBEODIGHIZUWA8_10150.JPG

Corey Cooper :star :star :star :star

Saftey - Maywood, Illinois

COREYCOOPER7_7150.JPG

Brion Carnes :star :star :star :star

Quarterback - Bradenton, Florida

BRIONCARNES9_3150.JPG

For the record, I have us as landing all three. Although I'm 50/50 on Cooper, and I'm not super confident about him being N. God I can't wait for Wednesday!

i said we land all three. I think carnes and owa will be pretty straightforward with their answers but cooper will make a show of it and pick the ND hat up, set it down, pick the ILL hat up and set it down, then pick up the ND one again, light it on fire and then finally pick up the cornhuskers hat and put it on

• Fire 1

I think we see something interesting unfold here. I think if one of the big 3 fail to sign on Wednesday, Simek gets a call from Nebraska and takes the remaining scholarship. I say this because there is a reason he has decommitted from TT and has not signed with anyone yet. Okie State seem to be saving a spot for him and from what I have heard from whispers, when he started looking around again NU was the first school he called up to see if he still had an offer. He is not in a rush to sign because of scholarships running out because TT still has plenty left with all their decommits, Okie State is saving him a spot because they want him... so it would make sense that he would wait out signing day, see if he gets a spot with NU, and then if not sign with Okie State or TT.

I don't think the kid from California will get a call. If Simek turns us down for Okie State or Texas Tech, then I see the remaining scholie going to a walk on, or to Bronson Marsh. (Although since they offered him a greyshirt, I really think the staff is either (A) confident we will land all of the big 3, or (B) has a surprise on backup come signing day who is ready to pull the trigger (like Simek).

If the staff KNEW they were going to lose out on one of the big 3, then Marsh would have been given a scholie for this year and not a greyshirt.

The other thing is this. QB Cody Fajardo is quoted last week as saying "NU is pretty close to landing that other guy." This is right after Brion Carnes came for his Official visit and right before Pelini went down to his HS and family to see him. And Cody's statement comes right before USF yanks Carnes scholie and another QB commits, and right before WKU gets a QB commit. Pretty interesting how both of those schools got committed QB's right after Carnes visited NU and had an in home with our coaching staff. It's also interesting that Carnes set a 8am signing day signing time a couple of days after the NU in home.

Owa will either go NU or UCLA.

Cooper could do anything... I honestly believe that he still doesn't know what he wants and will probably decide early signing day morning. lol