S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

This sucks. Hopefully Wayne will make it up after his season, but it is so much easier to sell NU on a game day, especially to kids from the Floridas of the world that think Nebraska is just a flat piece of land with corn and cows on it.

Wayne seems to have a good head on his shoulders so I think he will see all the positives NU has to offer, without the help of the adrenalin rush of 85,000 screaming fans.

This sucks. Hopefully Wayne will make it up after his season, but it is so much easier to sell NU on a game day, especially to kids from the Floridas of the world that think Nebraska is just a flat piece of land with corn and cows on it.

Wayne seems to have a good head on his shoulders so I think he will see all the positives NU has to offer, without the help of the adrenalin rush of 85,000 screaming fans.

That adrenalin rush is helpful in keeping the Florida guys warm though. I'm giving this one about a 3% chance now. Late season, non-gameday visit by a Florida prospect whom obviously has issues w/ colder weather...not happening.

Ehh, hopefully Wayne's still interested, but honestly, we're fine at safety. We just got Cooper last year, who is a total stud, and P.J. is obviously a safety of the future, at what spot I don't know... most likely strong safety. But we also have Harvey Jackson, Dijon Washington, Courtney Osborne, and Andrew Green, who can play safety in a pinch. I'm much, much more concerned about D-Line and LB recruiting this year. We have a solid start, with Williams and Santos both committed and either playing in or offered a spot in all star games, but that is NOT enough for this year, considering how sad our playmaking at both spots looks, especially D-Line... Lavonte is obviously the one bright spot.

That adrenalin rush is helpful in keeping the Florida guys warm though. I'm giving this one about a 3% chance now. Late season, non-gameday visit by a Florida prospect whom obviously has issues w/ colder weather...not happening.

we've landed a lot of kids from warm climates that visited during the dead of winter. i think it sometimes helps them to actually experience it, rather than just have a fear of the unknown.

that said, i do prefer kids get the game day experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say I'd be shocked if we reeled him in, but with the way this class is shaping up, i don't know how many shocks I have left. chuckleshuffle

do we hype up the fact that jim harbaugh is being eyed for the michigan job that might be opening up this year after rich rod. is let go over in michigan??

If you're Harbaugh why would you want to leave Stanford for Michigan? You can't get much better from an academic standpoint and they are slowly becoming a player every year in the pac 10/12. with usc down they will probably be able to recruit caly better than they have in the past and Harbaugh is doing great at recruiting nationally anyway.