S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

I honestly think that if we could somehow land Wayne that he could be the most impactful and possibly the best recruit of this class. We have really lacked a consistant game changer at safety since Mike Brown. The Bullocks' were close

I thought Josh Bullocks was a game-changer. His 10 INT's in 2003 is an NU record.

I honestly think that if we could somehow land Wayne that he could be the most impactful and possibly the best recruit of this class. We have really lacked a consistant game changer at safety since Mike Brown. The Bullocks' were close

I thought Josh Bullocks was a game-changer. His 10 INT's in 2003 is an NU record.

True, which is why I said close. Bullocks was no where near the run supporter that Brown was. ALso Brown was all over the place on special teams. Brown was a game changer, J Bullocks was a great player. How much of Bullucks success was due to sitting back as a center fielder in Bo's zones in 2003? Open question not a flame

True, which is why I said close. Bullocks was no where near the run supporter that Brown was. ALso Brown was all over the place on special teams. Brown was a game changer, J Bullocks was a great player. How much of Bullucks success was due to sitting back as a center fielder in Bo's zones in 2003? Open question not a flame

Fair enough. But turnovers are the epitome of changing the game IMO.

As for the center fielder - none of the other safeties have performed as well in Bo's scheme including at OU and LSU.

• Fire 1

As for the center fielder - none of the other safeties have performed as well in Bo's scheme including at OU and LSU.

In 2007 at LSU Bo had a safety you may have heard of Craig Steltz a First Team All-American. He may have only had 6 picks to Josh's 10 but out performed him in every other stat. 101 tackles to 49, 3 forced fumbles to none(there's some turnover forcing) and throw in one sack to none.

Bullocks was really good, and I was a big fan in 03, but in the same scheme under Bo you can easy say Steltz was a better safety.

In 2007 at LSU Bo had a safety you may have heard of Craig Steltz a First Team All-American. He may have only had 6 picks to Josh's 10 but out performed him in every other stat. 101 tackles to 49, 3 forced fumbles to none(there's some turnover forcing) and throw in one sack to none.

Bullocks was really good, and I was a big fan in 03, but in the same scheme under Bo you can easy say Steltz was a better safety.

i think this is the reasons why guys like CC committed and guys like WYs are giving us looks... honestly i think the only thing that might bug them is what they see on the other side of the ball... sure the top guys come to a college to get to the next level and get coaching that helps them get there.. but they like to win too and i think a lot of people aren't sold on us on offense yet... hell are we here on HB???

Stelz was a walk-on as well. I know someone that was an athletic trainer down at LSU when Stelz and Pelini were down there.

On a side note, I think Corey Cooper is going to be a stud at safety and when it is all said and done I think he will end up being the game changer that people are talking about.

If we get Lyons and Cash we will be LOADED at safety in the next few years.

Stelz was a walk-on as well. I know someone that was an athletic trainer down at LSU when Stelz and Pelini were down there.

On a side note, I think Corey Cooper is going to be a stud at safety and when it is all said and done I think he will end up being the game changer that people are talking about.

To get Lyons, Cash, Charles Jackson/Jonathan Aiken would really put a cherry on top of this class. I think when all said and done Cash will be a PESO back while Cooper and Lyons as safeties. Put Tevin Mitchel and Charles Jackson as our corners. Good luck spread offenses. If Coach Beck pulls Wayne Lyons N, I will bow down to him.

To get Lyons, Cash, Charles Jackson/Jonathan Aiken would really put a cherry on top of this class. I think when all said and done Cash will be a PESO back while Cooper and Lyons as safeties. Put Tevin Mitchel and Charles Jackson as our corners. Good luck spread offenses. If Coach Beck pulls Wayne Lyons N, I will bow down to him.

I echoed it all last season: Never underestimate this coaching staff. Especially Papuchis and Beck.

I echoed it all last season: Never underestimate this coaching staff. Especially Papuchis and Beck.

So true. These two guys were huge gets for Bo's staff just as recruiters (obviously great on field coaches as well).

So true. These two guys were huge gets for Bo's staff just as recruiters (obviously great on field coaches as well).

I am liking the little quote at the bottom of your posts SkersChi-Town!!

IF and that is IF Gilmore goes a different way in the near future I hope that Beck is moved to WRs where he coached at KU. Then we may be able to hire Sims on as a RB coach.

I am liking the little quote at the bottom of your posts SkersChi-Town!!

IF and that is IF Gilmore goes a different way in the near future I hope that Beck is moved to WRs where he coached at KU. Then we may be able to hire Sims on as a RB coach.

:thumbs (channeling my inner Nexus)

and to the IFs - - if that happens it is fine by me.

i like sims just fine where he is. besides, what do we know about his ability to coach and recruit at the D1 level? i will say that he has certainly earned a foothold in D1 coaching by directing so many our way. maybe hire him as an intern or GA and earn his stripes there. speaking of which, i wouldn't be surprised if we promoted from with-in if there's an opening. someone like ganz that is a "strength coach".

i'll be honest...not that impressed with the demo reel BUT...like previous posts...looks like he could be a solid back for nebraska....he's not that big tho for a linebacker...maybe outside linebacker i guess but he'd have to get bigger...i didn't like his demeanor after every tackle though....get the tackle and go back to the huddle...he'll learn that when he gets to nebraska!