S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Thanks for posting. Living in Kansas City right now - african american youth are cast in a light that Lyons contrasts dramatically. It's a refreshing read with everything that is going on. It's good to see Nebraska's name mentioned in the same sentence as Rhodes Scholar. I wonder what "path" you'd be on to get there.

• 2 weeks later...
When asked about schools in Florida, Lyons lights up. Starting with UF, his sister and mom went to Florida so he has some family ties there.

“I get to see my sister. We don’t even talk about football, we just kick it and relax and laugh,” Lyons chuckled.

As for Miami, Lyons is excited about some things Canes head coach Randy Shannon told him.

“He said I’m real high on their prospect board right now. He (Randy Shannon) is real impressed. I didn’t know it was that small of a campus.”

http://www.soflafootball.com/feature/talking-recruiting-with-lyons#more-1699

• 2 weeks later...

Lyons would like to go visit USC but with his busy schedule and fligt tickets it might be a while. He knows that Eric Berry used to play for Tennessee under Kiffin and would like to meet the coaches in Cali. Lyons said that USC has great program, tradition and being in California the weather is nice too with a good environment.

I think that USC is way ahead of Florida because Florida took their time in offering Lyons to the point where Lyons was about ready to scratch Florida off his list.

Lyons would like to go visit USC but with his busy schedule and fligt tickets it might be a while. He knows that Eric Berry used to play for Tennessee under Kiffin and would like to meet the coaches in Cali.

Then he must also know that Eric Berry's interception stats went down when playing for Kiffin. Tied with a couple of DL for team lead.

Lyons would like to go visit USC but with his busy schedule and fligt tickets it might be a while. He knows that Eric Berry used to play for Tennessee under Kiffin and would like to meet the coaches in Cali.

Then he must also know that Eric Berry's interception stats went down when playing for Kiffin. Tied with a couple of DL for team lead.

He must also know that Bo and Marvin Sanders are known for putting safetys in the NFL, Josh and Daniel Bullocks, Larry Asante, Matt o'Hanlon is getting a shot.

He must also know that Bo and Marvin Sanders are known for putting safetys in the NFL, Josh and Daniel Bullocks, Larry Asante, Matt o'Hanlon is getting a shot.

#6 overall pick, LaRon Landry, when Bo was at LSU.

Bo helped Chad Jones be a monster too, I forgot about LSU :thumbs

Craig Steltz (LSU) is a Chicago Bear....no way this kid makes the NFL without Bo Pelini.

Craig Steltz (LSU) is a Chicago Bear....no way this kid makes the NFL without Bo Pelini.

So we all agree Wayne should come to Nebraska because Bo will put him in the NFL? :lol:

So we all agree Wayne should come to Nebraska because Bo will put him in the NFL? :lol:

2 more for good measure....

These two safeties got drafted in 2005 after Bo's only year at Oklahoma:

Antonio Perkins (34th overall)

Donte Nicholson (141st overall)

Agreed. Now why can't all our recruits belong to this board. We are practically making decisions for them. What else do they have to do? Enroll and win championships that's it!

The coaches must do everything they can to get this kid here. What's his plans for coming to Nebraska, camp, fall visit?

We are in the running for an official visit. He has already been to Florida, Ohio State, Florida State.