Don't get to excited.

The best player on our team just left for the NFL and we don't have a dependable QB, so I'd agree, except I just don't see that much pre-season hype. We're certainly not going to be a pre-season top 10 a la Ole Miss last year, so I don't think the comparison works. If we're considered a pre-season 15-20 I would consider that an appropriate level of hype.

You're wrong on that one. The really, really early polls have had us in "the second 5".

And as far as the MNC goes.... i've seen us as t-4 for "favorites".... Bama was at 7/2... tOSU at 8/1... Oregon at 10/1... us and Boise at 12/1... UT, TCU, and VT are all at 15/1..

I don't ever buy into the hype!It will play it self out in the end, if we start out in the top 15 which we should and they do what they have to do then they might be playing for a NC. But there is way to much unknown to be able to tell if they can get it done.We wont know that until you see them play a few games. All I do is cheer my team on each and every game if they win great,if they lose then well FIRE EVERYONE! :sarcasm Life goes on ,I might get :wasted to deal with it but everyone deals with it in there own way.

One issue with your comment sir/ma'am. We're Nebraska, not Ole Miss, or as I call em, Mississippi.

Why is it that whenever I compare Nebraska to any other team someone says something like this. I obviously don't think we are "Mississippi" (I have heard them called that about as many times as I've heard LSU called Lousianna State University). I am just using the other teams as a frame of reference.

:yeah:wtf Who calls Ole Miss Mississippi?

People were saying the same thing at the beginning of the 2009 season. It may have actually caught up and hurt us for the TT game, but following the ISU loss the only time we lost again the Big 12 Title game.

Bo is still a young coach, and his teams have sometimes played unsteady, but the one thing they never lack is passion and heart. Sometimes, passion and heart can go a long way in winning football games.

People were saying the same thing at the beginning of the 2009 season. It may have actually caught up and hurt us for the TT game, but following the ISU loss the only time we lost again the Big 12 Title game.

Bo is still a young coach, and his teams have sometimes played unsteady, but the one thing they never lack is passion and heart. Sometimes, passion and heart can go a long way in winning football games.

You got that right. In Bo's first two seasons we're 4-4 in the month of October. That mid-year slump is what is stopping us from moving up to the next level (Big XII Champs, BCS Bowls, etc). As soon as we figure that out, the sky is the limit I think.

We are Nebraska, okay I understand that, but what does that have to do with winning or losing.

We have Bo. I understand that, but if the above statement is true and we have Bo. What happened with Iowa State and Texas Tech.

You never have an idea of what you have until it is over.

We should have lost to Oklahoma last year but we pulled it out.

Bo can only do so much, still a lot of kids out there trying to figure everything out.

No NC this year, no matter what the pundits say. At least two or three years away. Not enough skill talent to beat the big boys on the big stage is my guess.

Be happy with the progress we are making, that Bo is making as a young coach.

We may possibly be in the hunt next and that is all anyone can ask for.

We are Nebraska, okay I understand that, but what does that have to do with winning or losing.

We have Bo. I understand that, but if the above statement is true and we have Bo. What happened with Iowa State and Texas Tech.

Bo can only do so much, still a lot of kids out there trying to figure everything out.

No NC this year, no matter what the pundits say. At least two or three years away. Not enough skill talent to beat the big boys on the big stage is my guess.

That statement is incorrect. We outplayed (at least our D did)/outcoached them.

Plus, if you want to pull that card.... We should have beat VTech, but we didn't. We should have beat ISU, but we didn't, etc.

As fanswe do not have a direct influence on the team. We have hopes and prayers about what will happen next year but... sorry Charlie we aren't involved in the process.

T_O_B

:yeah

futhermore I will say that I personally havent seen very many fans that are really calling us a contender. maybe I am missing it. I think that most think we have a shot at being one, and are cautiously optimistic... and with the way we finished... we have every right to be.

I cant tell if you really believe what you type or if you are just trying to reverse jinx us

• Fire 1

You got that right. In Bo's first two seasons we're 4-4 in the month of October. That mid-year slump is what is stopping us from moving up to the next level (Big XII Champs, BCS Bowls, etc). As soon as we figure that out, the sky is the limit I think.

You can call it a midyear slump. I call it "we're actually playing real football teams now, not the Sunbelt, and we can't move the ball, something's got to change." If we go into the year with what will move the ball on tough defenses, we might avoid October blues. :cowbell:

You can call it a midyear slump. I call it "we're actually playing real football teams now, not the Sunbelt, and we can't move the ball, something's got to change." If we go into the year with what will move the ball on tough defenses, we might avoid October blues. :cowbell:

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

It sure sounds like Bo is slowly taking over the offense with the defense now completely fixed. If so, that's really great news for us!

One issue with your comment sir/ma'am. We're Nebraska, not Ole Miss, or as I call em, Mississippi.

Why is it that whenever I compare Nebraska to any other team someone says something like this. I obviously don't think we are "Mississippi" (I have heard them called that about as many times as I've heard LSU called Lousianna State University). I am just using the other teams as a frame of reference.

:yeah:wtf Who calls Ole Miss Mississippi?

john_lithgow_3rd_rock_from_sun.jpgMr. Sippy