Wyoming

Plains Div.

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

It's a little different and would pretty much force the Mt. Waste into the WAC...

the two in bold seem pretty tough in relation to their counter division. Interesting take as a whole, but highly improbable IMO.

I agree, I was mostly going with a geographic approach... There will always be one or so schools whining about something, so it will probably never happen...

If it really came down to it. I could see a "Texas Conference" being formed. Texas, A&M, TTech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, SMU, Rice, UTEP, North Texas, before UT leaves for somewhere else. I know not all of those teams are awesome, but that fits the Texas mentality of everyone having to cater to them.

:facepalm: Would that conference then be called SWC? Do you see in the future Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missou, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Colorado and Iowa State forming a conference and calling it The Big Eight?

This is exactly what I thought when I read the post.

You should go to the Texas boards and see what they have to say about this...the arrogance is remarkable. "They are TU, they can have what they want, they can name their price, they can tell the Big 12 what they want to stay because if TU leaves we are done. the Big 11 would be better with us money money money... blah blah blah....." let m go. Oh wait, dont leave until we kick your ass in Lincoln this fall, then go...Have fun sending every sports program and a few thousand fans 1/2 way across the country to play. good luck recruiting kids who want to play "close to home". have fun spending $1500 bucks A weekend travelling to places like Happy Valley. Have a great time and don't let the door hit you on the way out. take your band, fans, teams, and horns and go. I think a move to the Big 10 will ruin there football team. they have a great deal now at the expense of everyone else in the conference. TU, you think OSU, Michigan give a rats ass about you being TU? arrogance is usually at its peak just before it all comes undone. 5 years from now TU will be 5-5 begging for the good ole' Big 12 days. I am so tired of all this. College sports are going the way of the pros. everything is about $. forget about the student athletes getting an education, having a life besides being on an airplane every week .I was happy with the big 8 before TU showed up and I'd be happy after. We will figure it out and be competitive.

If it really came down to it. I could see a "Texas Conference" being formed. Texas, A&M, TTech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, SMU, Rice, UTEP, North Texas, before UT leaves for somewhere else. I know not all of those teams are awesome, but that fits the Texas mentality of everyone having to cater to them.

nah, they already kinda did that with the SWC and it was not good, thats why they came here.

You should go to the Texas boards and see what they have to say about this...the arrogance is remarkable. "They are TU, they can have what they want, they can name their price, they can tell the Big 12 what they want to stay because if TU leaves we are done. the Big 11 would be better with us money money money... blah blah blah....." let m go. Oh wait, dont leave until we kick your ass in Lincoln this fall, then go...Have fun sending every sports program and a few thousand fans 1/2 way across the country to play. good luck recruiting kids who want to play "close to home". have fun spending $1500 bucks A weekend travelling to places like Happy Valley. Have a great time and don't let the door hit you on the way out. take your band, fans, teams, and horns and go. I think a move to the Big 10 will ruin there football team. they have a great deal now at the expense of everyone else in the conference. TU, you think OSU, Michigan give a rats ass about you being TU? arrogance is usually at its peak just before it all comes undone. 5 years from now TU will be 5-5 begging for the good ole' Big 12 days. I am so tired of all this. College sports are going the way of the pros. everything is about $. forget about the student athletes getting an education, having a life besides being on an airplane every week .I was happy with the big 8 before TU showed up and I'd be happy after. We will figure it out and be competitive.

Nah, Texas is all about the kids and their Edumacation thats why they won't play on Thursdays. ;)

I cannot fathom how this would make sense for Texas. None at all.

A source with ties to the Big Ten said that while most people’s attention has been trained on the conference stealing Missouri, the Big Ten has engaged in “preliminary exchanges” with a much bigger fish from the Big 12.

“There have been preliminary exchanges between the Big Ten and Texas,” the source told the Journal-World on Wednesday. “People will deny that, but it’s accurate.”

Missouri and Pittsburgh have been the most talked-about candidates to fill the 12th spot, which would enable the conference to have the postseason football conference title game it lacks. In December of 2009, the Big Ten issued a statement that the timetable for expansion was in the 12-to-18-month range.

Travel costs, in terms of money and fatigue, make Texas seem on the surface like a stretch, but TV revenue would more than make up for the fatigue factor.

LINK

you do realize that northwestern makes more money then all the schools in the big 12, save texas right? and you add texas too the big 10/1 they get a whole hell of a lot richer.

I cannot fathom how this would make sense for Texas. None at all.

A source with ties to the Big Ten said that while most people’s attention has been trained on the conference stealing Missouri, the Big Ten has engaged in “preliminary exchanges” with a much bigger fish from the Big 12.

“There have been preliminary exchanges between the Big Ten and Texas,” the source told the Journal-World on Wednesday. “People will deny that, but it’s accurate.”

Missouri and Pittsburgh have been the most talked-about candidates to fill the 12th spot, which would enable the conference to have the postseason football conference title game it lacks. In December of 2009, the Big Ten issued a statement that the timetable for expansion was in the 12-to-18-month range.

Travel costs, in terms of money and fatigue, make Texas seem on the surface like a stretch, but TV revenue would more than make up for the fatigue factor.

LINK

you do realize that northwestern makes more money then all the schools in the big 12, save texas right? and you add texas too the big 10/1 they get a whole hell of a lot richer.

and they are going to need every dime of it for travel expense. maybe they can take their fans with them.

The powerhouses of the big 10 won't let it happen. I wish they would take Texas but it makes no sense for either side. It seems as though the big 10 is trying to show they are serious so when they offer a school they snatch it up before someone else gets an offer. Pitt makes a lot of sense and there's no way a school from the big east can turn down an offer like this. Cincinnati is another. I don't think travel expense is an issue as teams like Hawaii and Louisiana Tech handle it.

This is just posturing on UT's part. They have no intentions of going anywhere. They just want their ego stroked a little bit. By far there are only a few teams that the Big 12 would hate to see leave and Texas by far is number one on the list. The reason why Texas gets so much attention is because their overall sports program is successful. Year in and year out FB, Basketball, Baseball, Swimming, Track, softball, and VB are top in the conference and usually in the country. Putting aside my hate for some of the Texas fan they help to pull up the prestige of the conference in a lot of sports.

I heard that Texas is the one that is doing most of the talking. If that is true then this is a very real possiblility. There is no question the Big Ten would benifit from this. With Texas you get a huge media market, and it will definately help the ability for Big Ten teams to go in and recruit in the state of Texas. Plus is changes the preception of the Big Ten conference to not just a regional but more of a National Conference.

This would be a major blow to the Big 12 Conference. As much as I don't like Texas, I love to watch Nebraska play Texas and I'd hate to see Texas go...

This is just posturing on UT's part. They have no intentions of going anywhere. They just want their ego stroked a little bit. By far there are only a few teams that the Big 12 would hate to see leave and Texas by far is number one on the list. The reason why Texas gets so much attention is because their overall sports program is successful. Year in and year out FB, Basketball, Baseball, Swimming, Track, softball, and VB are top in the conference and usually in the country. Putting aside my hate for some of the Texas fan they help to pull up the prestige of the conference in a lot of sports.

You're right. While the Big 12 wouldn't be done as a conference, it would put the hurt on it. It also opens up pandora's box in terms of other teams then jumping ship from the conference.

Well according to the latest article about it, Delaney has made zero contact with any teams about a potential Conference switch. They have not contacted Missou, Pitt, Texass, or anyone and said that all of the rumors are just that.

I wish Texas luck if they want to go. We were a power conference before they stunk up the Big 12 and we'll be one after the cow patty's are gone. If we had a Conf. President who had any balls what so ever we'd not be having this discussion. Beebe is by far the largest puss in the world and cowers to everything Texas wants, until we get one in that can move us forward rather than giving only TX what they want, we'll be stuck with small TV deals. Once the Big 12 gets the media they deserve, the recruits will reflect on every team in the conference and more teams will be able to afford the stadium remodels etc for their teams.

This also smells like Texas wanting a little something to wave over Beebe's head just in case he ever thought of growing a pair. They don't want him looking at whats best for the Big 12, only whats in Texas's best interest. "you better watch out, we'll go to the Big 10 if you make us angry"

Just my opinion of course.