Future Schedule/New Administration

UGAHusker

While browsing future schedules out until my Social Security years, (kidding) I came upon 2015, which also happens to be the first season that Coach Pelini could leave before and still collect his $500k bonus. Is a schedule that includes road games against Miami, Texas, Mizzou, KU, and CU with home games against Southern Miss, A&M, and Okie State with 2 non-conference games to be named later what the new administration is going for? I understand that teams don't control their conference draws, but this looks like it could be torture. Granted, I understand things could change by then; Kansas could go back to being garbage, as well as Mizzou, but on February 18, 2010, it looks pretty rough.

...it is going to be a LONG off-season

While browsing future schedules out until my Social Security years, (kidding) I came upon 2015, which also happens to be the first season that Coach Pelini could leave before and still collect his $500k bonus. Is a schedule that includes road games against Miami, Texas, Mizzou, KU, and CU with home games against Southern Miss, A&M, and Okie State with 2 non-conference games to be named later what the new administration is going for? I understand that teams don't control their conference draws, but this looks like it could be torture. Granted, I understand things could change by then; Kansas could go back to being garbage, as well as Mizzou, but on February 18, 2010, it looks pretty rough.

My guess is that the powers to be will try to get one more decent opponent and one Sun-Belt quality team. The schedule is about where it should be as far as difficulty. We need to beef up our scheduling, we've had too many cupcakes for too many years.

• Fire 2

My guess is that the powers to be will try to get one more decent opponent and one Sun-Belt quality team. The schedule is about where it should be as far as difficulty. We need to beef up our scheduling, we've had too many cupcakes for too many years.

I couldn't agree more, I look forward to us playing some stiffer competition. I'm tired of people flapping their jaws about our schedule.

No doubt. These cupcakes are starting to get ridiculous. South Dakota State? Seriously? Bring on Miami!

No doubt. These cupcakes are starting to get ridiculous. South Dakota State? Seriously? Bring on Miami!

Well, one thing that must be considered is that the schedule for 2010 was made and set before Osborne and some of the new administration got here. For example, take a look at the 2015 schedule on Huskers.com. That schedule is brutally challenging, but I believe Osborne is mostly responsible for it.

I couldn't agree more, I look forward to us playing some stiffer competition. I'm tired of people flapping their jaws about our schedule.

They can flap their jaws all they like...all that really matters is beating the big boys. Nobody was laughing at us or saying we were overrated to finish the season due to our strong finish against quality opponents...OU, Texas, Arizona (to a degree)...

Not looking forward to being a colorado style of team that has to work out their kinks with tough road games and then win the conference with 2 losses...ala 2001...didn't get em to the title game..their loss to Fresno to open the season changed everything...suppose they had South Dakota state back then...they might've played Miami...

I don't think ou schedule is as bad for 10 as it was for 09 SDSU is weak but overall I think its a better Ooc schedule.

I'm not sure if I agree with you on that. Virginia Tech is tougher than Washington. Idaho will probably be a little tougher than the 3 Sunbelt teams we played, but Western Kentucky and SDSU are below the Sunbelt squads.

What I like to see in a non-conf schedule is one team that is consistently in the Top 25 (nobody this year), one BCS team who usually finishes in the middle of the pack (Washington), one non-BCS team from a MAC, Sunbelt, or other type of conference (Idaho), and one team that we can just totally scrimmage against (SDSU or W. Kentucky)

I don't think ou schedule is as bad for 10 as it was for 09 SDSU is weak but overall I think its a better Ooc schedule.

I'm not sure if I agree with you on that. Virginia Tech is tougher than Washington. Idaho will probably be a little tougher than the 3 Sunbelt teams we played, but Western Kentucky and SDSU are below the Sunbelt squads.

What I like to see in a non-conf schedule is one team that is consistently in the Top 25 (nobody this year), one BCS team who usually finishes in the middle of the pack (Washington), one non-BCS team from a MAC, Sunbelt, or other type of conference (Idaho), and one team that we can just totally scrimmage against (SDSU or W. Kentucky)

If you earnestly want to win a NC, you have to make a strong and bold statement at the beginning of the year by beating at least one, maybe even two, consistent Top 10 teams. If you can beat a Ohio State, and then top that with beating a Florida or someone like that you basically wrote your own ticket to the NC as long as you don't lose. The hard thing is that these schedules are made years in advance, before anyone knows even if the Head Coaches of both schools will be there, or how strong their team may be that year because they haven't even signed any of the players that will be on that team. So what could happen is you have a strong team coming in like a USC, playing a team that is normally strong but having a down time and just had a major change in the coaching staff, as Nebraska did when we played them.

It is all luck, when you schedule a power-house like USC, Michigan, any of the Florida Teams or Big 10 Teams...everyone has their up years, years where they had good recruiting the past couple seasons; and everyone has their off years, when the recruits are hurt, not as talented as you thought, or the coaches are either just coming in the door or getting ready to be let go.

OK SDSU hasn't been D-1 for very long and we will probably have to watch on pay-per-view but they also put just as many players in a projected draft of the first 350 as we did. They also produced the no. one place kicker in the NLL over the last 10 years, Adam Vinitary. After all this is the 30th anniversary of a very out manned U.S. Hockey team kickin the mighty Russian Hockey team. Things happen, we need to make sure they don't. (For example last years game against Cy's Cyclones.

T_O_B

:) :) :)

It's never too early to begin looking at the 2015 season. Didn't that highly respected douche from USC just offer a 6th or 7th grader a scholly?

He did, in fact.

It's ok because I strongly believe Kiffin will not win a MNC while at USC. I mean hell, once his dad dies nobody is going to have a reason to hire him.

It's never too early to begin looking at the 2015 season. Didn't that highly respected douche from USC just offer a 6th or 7th grader a scholly?

He did, in fact.

It's ok because I strongly believe Kiffin will not win a MNC while at USC. I mean hell, once his dad dies nobody is going to have a reason to hire him.

...at least not as a head coach. Maybe head recruiter whore.