*** Official Beer Thread ***

i have not been a fan of German beer but recently i found a brewery here in Germany that brews a really good one.

it is brewed at a monestary since 1870 and people drive from all around to buy it.

Kloster Kreuzberg is the name of the bier.

google it and read all about it

i have not been a fan of German beer but recently i found a brewery here in Germany that brews a really good one.

it is brewed at a monestary since 1870 and people drive from all around to buy it.

Kloster Kreuzberg is the name of the bier.

google it and read all about it

Win

i wish i could bring some of it home with me next week when i come back to Nebraska for 10 days, but cant carry it on the airplane anymore.

I like just about any brand of beer. My favorite thing to do when visiting a different city is to go find the local micro breweries and do some taste testing.

A few years back, I attended an away game at Boulder and visited the Coors brewery. The beer sampling at the end of the tour was my favorite part.

~15yrs ago, I went to a Gas Chromatography seminar in Boulder for a week..

I probably gained 15 lbs hanging out at the brew pubs every night..Ruined me for any domestic beers for two or three years..(My friends thought I was an alcoholic when I'd just order coffee or sodas at the bars until I finaly caved and tried a taquita from coors?).

I've been wanting to brew my own ever since ...and a co-worker gave me a kit last week.

(I've got several lbs of powdered Guarana seed.)

Anyone ever tried to make Buzz Beer?buzz_beer_big.jpg

Motto & Mission Statement :

The motto of Buzz Beer is "Stay up and get drunk all over again!".

Drew once jokingly noted that the original motto was going to be "This doesn't suck."

The mission statement that the initial four members decided on was 4 Friends, 4 Ever, 4 Beer.

18444725.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8Ijr4khFU

Garrett

I'm going down to Denver this weekend for a bachelor-ish party weekend. We were thinking about doing the Denver Microbrew Tour. Anybody ever try it? http://www.denvermicrobrewtour.com/

It's $23 per person. You go to 4 breweries. The price includes all of your beer samples, tips for the bartenders, and a free pint at the end of the tour. Seems like a pretty good way to start the day/even off. It goes from 3-5ish on Fridays and Saturdays.

I like Samuel Adams. Whether or not it's classified as "good" beer by the experts - I enjoy it. Holiday Porter is my favorite.

Samuel Adams is an award winning beer. I know when I was growing up, my dad kept Sam Adams stocked up at all times.

I've personally never gotten too excited over a Sam Adams. I'm not saying I don't like it, I do, but I always feel let down when I order one.

I like Samuel Adams. Whether or not it's classified as "good" beer by the experts - I enjoy it. Holiday Porter is my favorite.

Samuel Adams is an award winning beer. I know when I was growing up, my dad kept Sam Adams stocked up at all times.

I've personally never gotten too excited over a Sam Adams. I'm not saying I don't like it, I do, but I always feel let down when I order one.

I have to agree there. Other than the Winter Lager, I'm not a real big Sam Adams fan.

That Paulaner is some good stuff.

I fell in love with this beer last summer and can't wait to get my hands on some more:

leine.jpg

W.I.N

Being a poor college student who is not 21 yet, I'm still usually stuck drinking keystones. :hmmph

However, like others have said, I love to indulge in Leinenkugels when I can. Bow down to sunset wheat! :worship

What are you talking about? I'm 24, out of college and still kill a dirty thirty of Keystone Ice every friday night with a buddy. That or Natty Ice HA!

For everyone in Nebraska, you need to go and get yourself down to Spilker Ales in Cortland, NE and have their Hopluia (http://www.hopluia.com/)! It is the tastiest brew thats come out of Nebraska! Its super hoppy and has a great taste to it. Also, if you guys are in Omaha, go to the Crescent Moon. In the basement there is a German style beer hall where they serve this beer called "Optimator". Its like 9% abv. This beer is a darker, stout-like beer with really intense flavors. Its great. Man I want to go and drink beer in Nebraska now! I havent had a hopluia in about 4 years!