What are you reading right now?

DaVinciFraud.jpg

The Da Vinci Fraud

What's it about?

A critique of The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown's book from a few years back. Mostly it just points out the errors in The Da Vinci Code. Of which there are quite a few.

Well duh, it's historical fiction. Isn't that the point?

Scratch that. What are some examples?

Well duh, it's historical fiction. Isn't that the point?

Historical fiction, yes. But even historical fiction generally has most of the historical facts correct with additional fictional characters. The Da Vinci Code has fictional characters set in a fictional historical framework. Something that had (at least some) clergymen all up in arms.

btw, I actually enjoyed The Da Vinci code. I could mostly tell what was fiction and what was not. The Da Vinci Fraud provides a more thorough explanation of The Da Vinci Code's made up "facts."

082312_2136_thegoaloper1.jpg

"The Goal" by Eliyahu Goldratt

How was this? I'm a supply chain management major and have heard it referenced quite a bit. I'm going to start it this weekend.

A pretty good book, even though the story was just okay. It's more of a management "how to" book than a novel. The storyline seems to be an excuse to convey management lessons. It's all about bottlenecks in a work environment, and how to best allocate resources to maximize throughput.

jX4vsLx.jpg

Highly recommended for CFB fans. Just a few chapters in and you will loath Lane Kiffin and the SEC even more. A lot of troubling numbers about the dollars in the sport too...98 out of the 120 FBS schools lose money, and an average of $91k is spent per student athlete, over 5x what is spent on a regular student.

Sexdsghdf.jpg

"Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman. It's what Hunter S. Thompson would write if he spent a bit less time tripping on acid and more time listening to music and watching TV. And was born forty years later.