I go to bed around 10:15PM every night and wake up at 4:45AM every day during the week. I generally feel great when I wake up and head to work. I arrive at work at 6:00AM and get started with my office work. Here is the catch... EVERY single morning, no matter how wide awake I am, when 8:00AM rolls around I get slammed witht the worse case of fatigue you can imagine. I fight myself so hard to try and remain awake. This generally occurs for about 1 hour and then I am wide awake again starting at 9:00AM. I have no idea why this keeps happening to me and would greatly appreciate it if someone shed some light upon the situation.

I go to bed around 10:15PM every night and wake up at 4:45AM every day during the week. I generally feel great when I wake up and head to work. I arrive at work at 6:00AM and get started with my office work. Here is the catch... EVERY single morning, no matter how wide awake I am, when 8:00AM rolls around I get slammed witht the worse case of fatigue you can imagine. I fight myself so hard to try and remain awake. This generally occurs for about 1 hour and then I am wide awake again starting at 9:00AM. I have no idea why this keeps happening to me and would greatly appreciate it if someone shed some light upon the situation.

A doc is not a bad idea. But i have a schedule close to yours. I had gotten about 6 hours a night or less for about 4 years. Couple months ago i started going through what you are. I ended up getting pretty sick (probably worn from a lack of sleep) I was out for a few days and slept, alot. like catching up on 4 years of misses sleep. Since then I try to get atleast 7 and i have felt great since

Breakfast is very important, and if you are not eating it now, you should start. It doesn't have to be big, heck a spoon full of peanut butter or something would work. It just gets your metabolism going. In fact, you will even lose more weight just by eating a small breakfast than not doing so.

I also cannot live without coffee.

Ding Ding Ding

Six and a half hours of sleep every night? I'd love that! :)

Seriously, though, if you're dragging then you definitely need more sleep. I've been to my doctor several times for insomnia and I have a rolling prescription for Ambien. Here are some suggestions:

1. Try getting 30 minutes of moderate exercise about four hours before you go to bed every day.
  2. Never eat supper within two hours of bedtime
  3. Zero caffeine for a month
  4. Take a Benadryl (or generic equivalent) 30 minutes before bed

These are things my doctor has told me over the years. Non-cardio exercise helps quite a bit, as does plenty of sunshine.

Do you feel weak, maybe a little jittery or shaky too? If so, you might be bonking dude. Not full out, but bonking nonetheless. If youre skipping or scrimping on breakfast, eating junk before bed, etc. Eat a good breakfast, and read up on what Im talking about HERE so I dont have to keep typing and bonk myself. Whenever I get into harvest or busy seasons when my sleep goes down to about 2-5 hours a day, as long as I make sure Im eating right I have no problems. I skip a meal, and feel exactly like you describe about every other hour.

I have an identical schedule, and I tend to have a major crash similar to yours by 10 in the morning. I have even fallen asleep while driving, so it's pretty severe. I would agree with what previous posters have said, and more sleep is probably the most important aspect (duh). I like to do a really hard workout 2 hours before I go to bed, and it seems to allow me to have a deeper sleep.

I usually only sleep about 4.5 to 5 hours of sleep every night. Breakfast is a big deal. I also chug a glass of ice cold water first thing when I wake up (shocks the system and your metabolism). Snacks during the day are helpful (if you can fit them in your schedule). 5 Hour Energy won't make you jittery unless you can't handle a lone cup of coffee. If your body is not keen on caffeine, try a B-complex vitamin (it will turn your pee neon yellow though). Like some others said, daily exercise will help you sleep deeper and you'll find yourself with more energy the next day.