Your List of "Prove-It" Players For 2010

Alex Henry.. he hasnt proved he is clutch yet.... :sarcasm

1.Zac Lee, I expect him to actually have a solid year.

2.Helu-Lat year was an off year, he needs to prove it this year

3.Baker-time to prove he is worth every shiny gold star he got

I wouldn't say Helu had an off year, but more that he had an inconsistent/injury prone year. He had fantastic games against VaTech and Oklahoma, yet had other games he just looked off. I'd really like to see him prove that he can go through a season and stay relatively healthy. He plays the most injury prone position on the team, but I'd like to see him fight through the bumps and bruises better.

Alex Henry.. he hasnt proved he is clutch yet.... :sarcasm

1.Zac Lee, I expect him to actually have a solid year.

2.Helu-Lat year was an off year, he needs to prove it this year

3.Baker-time to prove he is worth every shiny gold star he got

I wouldn't say Helu had an off year, but more that he had an inconsistent/injury prone year. He had fantastic games against VaTech and Oklahoma, yet had other games he just looked off. I'd really like to see him prove that he can go through a season and stay relatively healthy. He plays the most injury prone position on the team, but I'd like to see him fight through the bumps and bruises better.

:yeah

Helu also came into last year after bulking up. The talk was that he would be able to withstand the pounding of the ground game. But I wonder if the bulking up has made him a little more prone to the injury, instead of actually helping him stay away from them.

Everyone else on my list is covered.

Niles Paul - stop making mental mistakes at crucial parts of the game. Prove that he has the capacity to be a consistent big time play maker for the offense.

The entire D has to prove Bo correct that this year's D will be better. And the line has to move on without Suh. Crick has to show that he's not a product of Suh and is a gamer in his own right. Baker and the other DL have to step up to alleviate that as well.

Eric Martin is a great enthusiastic play maker on Special teams. But can he reel it all in and put it together to play a controlled, violently wild play maker on D?

Zac Lee...prove that his injury created more of a problem that what was led on. And prove that he can hit an open receiver under pressure.

Ankrah - Got a lot of press about how he should have played last year, but they wanted to keep his redshirt intact

Moore/Steinkuhler - One of these guys needs to step up big to fill the gaping hole, preferably both. Have only heard great things about them, now let's see it.

Paul/Kinnie/Gilleylen - We need targets, two of them need to become consistant

Lee/Green - Take the reigns. If Lee was hurt, show what you are really capable of, Green, calm down and do what you are capable of. One of these guys needs to be ready for next season.

The OL - if the returning starters aren't up to snuff, Coffey, Qvale, and Sirles are more than ready to take your spot. The OL is the one spot we have to be improved at, injuries or no injuries.

Does no one remember that Baker had health issues that caused him to lose a boatload of muscle and weight? I'm not worried about this kid not showing up until now, we're lucky he got it under control and we might see some production out of him at all.

Thats the first time i have ever heard that.

#1 Anyone listed on the roster as a Quarterback.

#2 Niles Paul. There has been plenty of talk about Paul needing to "step up", but I think he did that last year by gaining 796 yard receiving of the course of the season. The area I think he needs to improve in though is his consistency. Last season Paul had four 100+ yards games, but was also held under 20 yards receiving 7 times, including the OU game where he had no yards or catches. And for all the posing Niles was doing after his TD catch in the Holiday Bowl, let's not forget that was only his 4th TD catch of the season, and his first since the Mizzou game on October 8th.

So if there was one thing I would like to see some one prove, it would be Niles Paul proving he can be a dependable #1 receiver who doesn't disappear against defenses like Texas Tech's and Louisiana Lafayette's.

People just don't like Watson. But the whole offense struggled last year, and he made the most of it to win games, not produce yards. Plus, in years before that he's earned his keep here as an OC. A guy who needs to prove that he deserves a job here is Barney Cotton.

• Fire 1

People just don't like Watson. But the whole offense struggled last year, and he made the most of it to win games, not produce yards. Plus, in years before that he's earned his keep here as an OC. A guy who needs to prove that he deserves a job here is Barney Cotton.

I couldn't agree more. +1

I believe I said sometime during the football season that the 2011 season will be a make or break year for Cotton. This year, we have a lot of young guys and will still be relying (mostly) on Callahan recruits to fill up the o-line. But next year, only Marcel Jones and Caputo will be left from Callahan, which means 3 of 5 guys AT LEAST will have to be Bo's recruits. If Cotton can't get guys to play consistent, smart, and tough football by the end of the 2011 season, it is my honest opinion that he has to go.

Defense and offense start on the lines. The best defenses and the best offenses have some of the best lines in the country. Our defense is so good because Carl Pelini is one of the best DL coaches in the country. Cotton, on the other hand, is a guy I still have a lot of questions about after not being totally convinced of his abilities the first time he was here.

Does no one remember that Baker had health issues that caused him to lose a boatload of muscle and weight? I'm not worried about this kid not showing up until now, we're lucky he got it under control and we might see some production out of him at all.

Thats the first time i have ever heard that.

He has an autoimmune disease which attacks his joints. He'll be on meds for the rest of his life. It caused him to be sore and lose his athleticism for a while. I'm fairly certain he dropped like 20 pounds based on the older articles during the time he was dealing with getting it under control. Even if it was 15, that's a lot of lifting/conditioning to get back up to the size you want for D1 competition. Especially when you are behind two guys like Crick and Suh.

Stein did have considerable health probs during his true-frosh year, I think he'll do fine now. If they didn't see him being an impact guy I think they'd have followed-through on that move to OT.

Thenarse is obviously one of those "step-up" guys. I'd say plans to keep Hagg at nickel are a good sign. While Hagg is certainly a good nickel we have sick depth at cb. If Thenarse didn't look like he'd get the job done Hagg would be at safety.

It's step-up time for the whole wr-corps. We need to consistent production to get the O back on track.

I'll be interested to see what Lee can do when healthy. No telling how he could've played or how far the '09 team could've gone if not for his bad arm.