This Article Makes Me Nervous

"This place is pretty special to me. It's an honor to come here and a chance to come back home."

In Nebraska, Tressel told reporters that Ohio State and Nebraska were in preliminary talks about a two-game series between the schools in 2020 and 2021. The Buckeyes have national home-and-home series scheduled with Miami, Cal, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and Tennessee over the next 10 years. Of course, Nebraska could be in the Big Ten a decade from now. Tressel, as usual, joked to Nebraska reporters that he might not make it to that series as Ohio State's coach.

If he chooses to retire by then, Pelini, a 42-year-old Youngstown native who has gone 9-4 and 10-4 in his two first two seasons at Nebraska, would certainly make a list of potential candidates. He admitted his OSU loyalty caused him to have a hard time dealing with the 2008 national title game when as the defensive coordinator at LSU, he helped beat the Buckeyes.

"Fortunately, they have a great coach," Pelini said. "Coach Tressel will be here for a long time. They've got a great staff. All I worry about is what I'm doing in my current job."

And he worries about what the Buckeyes are doing when he's watching as a fan. That's what he was for Ohio State's Rose Bowl win over Oregon.

"That was a big one for me," Pelini said. "All I heard was Oregon, Oregon, Oregon, but I knew Ohio State would take care of business. I take a lot of pride in Ohio State.

So...Frost anyone?

The only reason this is a big deal is because Lane Kiffin pulled a quick one on Tennessee and bolted for USC, after saying he went to Tennessee to win championships and blah blah blah.

whoa. no one would ever compare lane 'the pain' kiffin to BO Pa.

i think it is a big deal because i believe there is only one place Bo would leave NU for, and that is OSU, and 'the sweater vest' is getting old. that article alluded as to such.

i've heard that his tied with OSU were cut long ago

so were roy williams' ties to north carolina and bear bryant's to alabama. both returned to their alma maters when they were asked.

bottom line, no-one knows until the question is really asked.

Roy Williams turned North Carolina down the first time. Coaches are a lot brighter than they are sometimes given credit for. Williams won the NC in what his first or second year at North Carolina? Lane Kiffin is a puke, but I'm guessing he bolted for USC for the same reason Williams did for North Carolina. The talent was better where they were going than where they were. I have a feeling this has a lot more to do with coaches leaving for another school than people realize. I've never been to OU boards, but do they ask the same question year in and year out about Stoops leaving for Iowa?

In Nebraska, Tressel told reporters that Ohio State and Nebraska were in preliminary talks about a two-game series between the schools in 2020 and 2021.

Hard to say whether Bo would take the job if Tressel stepped down and it was offered. I wouldn't rule it out. But I would love to see the OSU-NU two game series in 2020-21.

The thing that makes me nervous is that Bo is really good at covering all bases and simply not talking or answering questions about this type of thing. It makes me nervous because he's not only NOT ruling out the possibility (He could say "I never said I WOULDN'T leave"), and he's also not burning any bridges either.

The thing that makes me nervous is that Bo is really good at covering all bases and simply not talking or answering questions about this type of thing. It makes me nervous because he's not only NOT ruling out the possibility (He could say "I never said I WOULDN'T leave"), and he's also not burning any bridges either.

We have until at least 2014 to worry about it though. Like I already mentioned in my previous post, Bo & Tressel's current contracts expire after the 2014 season.

My bet is Tressel will retire when his contract is up. Bo on the other hand is a wait-and-see situation.

Until then, I'm not going to worry about it. We have some games to win and hopefully a national title or two.

Why be nervous? Bo will do what makes him and his family happy

He's going to leave the program in better shape than when it was given to him, and that's all I can ask for

If and when he does go we won't have to settle for our fourth choice or whatever Callahan was, we'll get the coach we want to replace him

• Fire 1

Why be nervous? Bo will do what makes him and his family happy

He's going to leave the program in better shape than when it was given to him, and that's all I can ask for

If and when he does go we won't have to settle for our fourth choice or whatever Callahan was, we'll get the coach we want to replace him

this isn't the kool aid talking, but i believe BO is one of the best coaches in the nation. he is in the same league as Saban and Stoops, if you ask me. we might be able to get who we want, but i doubt he/she will be any near as good as BO. yes, the program will be better than when he came, but how much will it drop when he leaves.