CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

Even though Tevin is a verbal commit both OU and Arkansas are continuing to recruit Tevin. Tevin said that he's only taking one visit this fall and thats to Nebraska.

Both Tevin and his father will be at tomorrows game and I believe that'll be the last straw in his decision in becoming a more solid commit. We need to leave a HUGE impression on the two of them which should be a piece of cake.

I thought I would bump this comment. Someone is not living up to their commitment.

Even though Tevin is a verbal commit both OU and Arkansas are continuing to recruit Tevin. Tevin said that he's only taking one visit this fall and thats to Nebraska.

Both Tevin and his father will be at tomorrows game and I believe that'll be the last straw in his decision in becoming a more solid commit. We need to leave a HUGE impression on the two of them which should be a piece of cake.

I thought I would bump this comment. Someone is not living up to their commitment.

good point... we know how Bo feels about guys taking trips when they are already committed... now never mind we dont seem to mind when guys are committed to other schools are come here... i just hope that the coaches can pull him back to 100 percent.. .someone needs to show him that pic of him throwing the bones to remind him of what he's gonna be apart of......

I'm not worried about this, Tevin has family in the Arkansas area just like Lavonte David did last year. Free trip to see family before the Holiday season? Why not?

Exactly what I'm saying. If these kids have free trips, why not take them? BTW how does Bo feel about taking officials after verbal commit? I take it he doesn't like it?

He doesnt like it, but kids we have had in the past couple years havnt been completely honestw ith this staff about taking other visits. Hopefully Tevin is honest with Bo and Coach Beck.

I'm not worried about this, Tevin has family in the Arkansas area just like Lavonte David did last year. Free trip to see family before the Holiday season? Why not?

Exactly what I'm saying. If these kids have free trips, why not take them? BTW how does Bo feel about taking officials after verbal commit? I take it he doesn't like it?

the staff's position seems to be that a commitment is a mutual commitment between the school and the kid. if the kid commits to the school, the school commits to him with a guaranteed scholarship and by taking that spot off of their recruiting board. however, to be considered a commit, the kid has to act like one. visiting other schools means you're not committed and as such your spot opens back up.

i don't think the coaches would drop their pursuit of a kid just for re-opening his recruitment, so long as he was honest about it, but i'd guess it raises some red flags. as such, if tevin does take this trip, i would assume we will continue to recruit him (so long as he's honest with the coaches) like we would any other highly sought after, uncommitted prospect. we would also be likely to dust off our cornerback recruiting board though and start looking at other options just in case.

He doesnt like it, but kids we have had in the past couple years havnt been completely honestw ith this staff about taking other visits. Hopefully Tevin is honest with Bo and Coach Beck.

Gotcha....still think because some schools "slow play" kids and those coaches don't care if you wait n they pick someone-esle you're stuck like chuck. I know this isnt Tevin situation but if you have "a free trip" take it and let the other schools wine n dine you, and at the end of the day.....GBR! Won't be official till signing day anyway.

true but we are also graduating 4 DB's. I honestly think that both Jackson and Mitchel could come in and start by their redshirt frosh years if they redshirt at all. From the outside it looks like we are loaded at corner but IMO we are pretty thin in the coming years especially if Mitchel jumps ship. We have Green, Evans, Mitchell, Washington, Bell and who else? Out of those guys how many have contributed at all so far, Evans? We absolutely need to hang on to both corners we have committed.