CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

How do we report a violation the the NCAA? Theres a Facebook user by the name of "Razorbacks Recruiting" who wrote on Tevins wall. Pretty sure thats an infraction.

71559_104013386336003_100001820266845_27425_3552243_n.jpg

Honest question here but after my initial indignant reaction to it, I can't help but wonder if that's OK and within the rules. It seems to be contact coming from official channels. A coach or the Arkansas recruiting, can write, call, phone, text, and probably Facebook these guys. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And actually - isn't it the fans, having contact that is unregulated and through unofficial channels, having facebook contact with recruits the real violation? If that really is a fan, pretty sure the name would be a name and not "Razorbacks Recruiting."

I'm unclear as to all of this so just asking.

From today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette's recruiting section:

With the cornerback position being an area of need for Arkansas in this year’s recruiting class, Coach Bobby Petrino and his coaching staff will be hosting highly-touted cornerback Tevin Mitchel, who’s orally committed to Nebraska, for an official visit this weekend.

Mitchel, 6-0, 170, 4.44 seconds in the 40-yard dash, of Mansfield, (Texas) Legacy has about 15 scholarship offers but will chose from Arkansas or Nebraska. He lived in Little Rock before moving to Texas in 2007, and has not forgotten his roots to the state.

“Arkansas is the school I wanted to go to as I was growing up and watching football games with my mom,” said Mitchel, whose father Eric played quarterback for the Pine Bluff Zebras before playing for Oklahoma in the late ’80s. “I use to tell her all the time that I’m going to do whatever I can to play football and maybe one day I’ll play for the Razorbacks. She would tell me to keep doing what you’re doing and stay humble.”

CBS College Sports national recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said Mitchel is the taller cornerback that colleges hope to land in order to go up against the bigger receivers.

“He would be a real good catch for Arkansas,” said Lemming, who has over 30 years of experience. “He’s a quick twitch athlete with long arms and explosive speed. He’s one of Nebraska’s better recruits for this year.”

In the first 9 games of the season, Mitchel recorded 38 unassisted tackles and 35 assisted tackles for the Class 5A Broncos. Despite his pledge to the Cornhuskers, the Hogs appear to still have a great opportunity to sign him, because of close proximity to home.

“I know I committed to Nebraska, but Arkansas has always been in my heart because that’s where I’m from, and it would be real nice to be closer to family and my mom and my dad,” Mitchel said.

Mitchel, who made an official visit to Nebraska when the Cornhuskers played Texas in October, will be visiting Fayetteville for the first time.

“I can’t wait to get there and take a look at Fayetteville,” he said.

“I know I committed to Nebraska, but Arkansas has always been in my heart because that’s where I’m from, and it would be real nice to be closer to family and my mom and my dad,” Mitchel said.

:(

This sounds like an awful start to a breakup.

"Yeah, I know I got engaged to you, but there's this other guy who's from where I'm from, and it'd be real nice. I always dreamed of marrying him one day. Can't wait for our date later."

The way Bo & Marvin molded 3* CB's in Prince Amukamara and Alfonzo Dennard, I'm not worried about losing Mitchel or Jackson for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I hope they stick to NU, but if not, then best of luck to them. No ill will from me. Call me an optimist, but them Pelini secondaries are no joke and he does it with 3* talent sprinkled in with 4* here and there.

FYI, Pelini leads all active FBS coaches in most Top 5 Pass Efficiency Defenses with five. The next highest is three by 2 other active coaches.

Bo Pelini Pass Efficiency Defense Rankings

2003 - Nebraska = #1

2005 - LSU = #3

2006 - LSU = #3

2007 - LSU = #3

2009 - Nebraska = #1

Tevin would be flat out stupid to go to Arkansas from a football standpoint. There would be no words to describe the utter stupidity that this young man would display if he does commit to Arkansas.

I am still somewhat confident that he ends up a Husker. When dealing with the media you have to remember to always ask yourself this quesiton: Would he have said that if he was not asked the question that made it sound like what the reporter wanted to hear?