CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

From today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette's recruiting section:

With the cornerback position being an area of need for Arkansas in this year’s recruiting class, Coach Bobby Petrino and his coaching staff will be hosting highly-touted cornerback Tevin Mitchel, who’s orally committed to Nebraska, for an official visit this weekend.

Mitchel, 6-0, 170, 4.44 seconds in the 40-yard dash, of Mansfield, (Texas) Legacy has about 15 scholarship offers but will chose from Arkansas or Nebraska. He lived in Little Rock before moving to Texas in 2007, and has not forgotten his roots to the state.

“Arkansas is the school I wanted to go to as I was growing up and watching football games with my mom,” said Mitchel, whose father Eric played quarterback for the Pine Bluff Zebras before playing for Oklahoma in the late ’80s. “I use to tell her all the time that I’m going to do whatever I can to play football and maybe one day I’ll play for the Razorbacks. She would tell me to keep doing what you’re doing and stay humble.”

CBS College Sports national recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said Mitchel is the taller cornerback that colleges hope to land in order to go up against the bigger receivers.

“He would be a real good catch for Arkansas,” said Lemming, who has over 30 years of experience. “He’s a quick twitch athlete with long arms and explosive speed. He’s one of Nebraska’s better recruits for this year.”

In the first 9 games of the season, Mitchel recorded 38 unassisted tackles and 35 assisted tackles for the Class 5A Broncos. Despite his pledge to the Cornhuskers, the Hogs appear to still have a great opportunity to sign him, because of close proximity to home.

“I know I committed to Nebraska, but Arkansas has always been in my heart because that’s where I’m from, and it would be real nice to be closer to family and my mom and my dad,” Mitchel said.

Mitchel, who made an official visit to Nebraska when the Cornhuskers played Texas in October, will be visiting Fayetteville for the first time.

“I can’t wait to get there and take a look at Fayetteville,” he said.

Bo is not going to be happy reading this. Oh yeah, he doesn't read these boards. I think Tevin should've waited to commit. He isn't talking like a committed recruit in this article.

13.6.7.9 Activities. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pre-game introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture.

They were not personalized. They did not have a name on his name on the back. It was just a blank #8 jersey. What you don't realize every school in the country does this including Nebraska.

13.6.7.9 Activities. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pre-game introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture.

They were not personalized. They did not have a name on his name on the back. It was just a blank #8 jersey. What you don't realize every school in the country does this including Nebraska.

Just because it's done throughout the SEC, doesn't mean the rest of the country does it. ;)

• Fire 1

Ah, but the lockers were personalized. See those name above the players? Those are recruit names.

But yes. This is the SEC so "nothing to see here."

13.6.7.9 Activities. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pre-game introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coachs office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athletes name or picture.

You start by arguing they weren't personalized, then say "everyone does it" as if they were? Pick a side son. From left-right on the lockers.

T. Gilbert: Ark visit: 12/10 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Gilbert-120855

J. Peacock: Ark Visit: 12/10 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Jason-Peacock-109167

A. Beck: Ark visit: 12/10 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Beck-106751

A. Douglas: Ark visit: 12/10 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Douglas-113917

J. Tabb: Ark visit: 12/10 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Jack-Tabb-109014