CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

Tevin would be flat out stupid to go to Arkansas from a football standpoint. There would be no words to describe the utter stupidity that this young man would display if he does commit to Arkansas.

This is actually an understatement.

Compare track records of Bo Pelini vs Willy Robinson and it is almost laughable.

Heck, without even bringing up track records you can look at Arkansas' thoughts on Willy ..

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=369530.0

Good post Willy. Basically if you want to go to an offensive school that throws out a sorry attempt at a defense go to Arkansas Tevin.

A fired up EZ-E! I like it! Tevin does sound like he already made up his mind in that article. I will not rain pessimism down on the masses though. We will retain him because of one word. Prince...

Good post Willy. Basically if you want to go to an offensive school that throws out a sorry attempt at a defense go to Arkansas Tevin.

A fired up EZ-E! I like it! Tevin does sound like he already made up his mind in that article. I will not rain pessimism down on the masses though. We will retain him because of one word. Prince...

;)

It has been said on here by those that have talked to players that Willy does not teach. He expects them to already know how to do something and that's part of our problem. This ain't the NFL and we are seeing why no one from the NFL has tried to get Willy back into the league since he left it.

Now that's a ringing endorsement...

It has been said on here by those that have talked to players that Willy does not teach. He expects them to already know how to do something and that's part of our problem. This ain't the NFL and we are seeing why no one from the NFL has tried to get Willy back into the league since he left it.

Now that's a ringing endorsement...

If I were Tevin I would have no doubt in my mind that Arkansas is the place for me. Him being a CB and all.

Arkansas defense doesn't rank nearly as bad as I would think. Clearly we rank higher, but they're not awful:

Arkansas

Points Allowed Per Game 22.8 (43rd)

Total Yards Allowed Per Game 339.8 (34th)

Rush Yards Allowed Per Game 157.4 (69th)

Pass Yards Allowed Per Game 182.3 (16th)

link

Nebraska

Points Allowed Per Game 17.2 (8th)

Total Yards Allowed Per Game 304.2 (10th)

Rush Yards Allowed Per Game 144.3 (52nd)

Pass Yards Allowed Per Game 159.9 (7th)

link

Arkansas defense doesn't rank nearly as bad as I would think. Clearly we rank higher, but they're not awful:

Arkansas

Points Allowed Per Game 22.8 (43rd)

Total Yards Allowed Per Game 339.8 (34th)

Rush Yards Allowed Per Game 157.4 (69th)

Pass Yards Allowed Per Game 182.3 (16th)

link

Nebraska

Points Allowed Per Game 17.2 (8th)

Total Yards Allowed Per Game 304.2 (10th)

Rush Yards Allowed Per Game 144.3 (52nd)

Pass Yards Allowed Per Game 159.9 (7th)

link

Everything being said here about NU having the better defense is talking about track records. Arky may have a decent defense this year, but can you say that over a period of time. It has been stated here many times, look at Bo's rack record of defenses ranking high in pass efficiency defense. The stats are very impressive. This is more the train for thought when a lot of us on the board say NU has a superior defense.

And honestly when was the last time you can say that Arky's defense won a game for them. More or less we as fans have been witnessing this for the better part of two seasons.

I don't think that we keep him fellas. I actually would bet on him going to Arkansas.

:yeah

I agree EZ. Like I said up a couple of posts, his personal comfort will be his biggest deciding factor and with all that family down that way, I like you will not be shocked if he switches.

But it would still make me feel like this :bang

Definitely think we need to start making a BIG TIME push at another db who's school is falling apart.