Future Nebraska Coaches

I'm going to throw Joe Ganz out there. I don't see Bo leaving for another 10 years or so, and by then Joe will likely have developed into a good coach. Maybe just wishful thinking.

We really tend to project development overeagerly, I feel. "He's just some GA now, but give him ten years and he'll likely be good HC material?" I don't know about that. Or "Green was a freshman last year. Give him another spring, and he'll likely be a quality D1 starter."

But that would be really cool if Joe came back to coach in some capacity.

It's been said, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Frost come home in the near future (though probably only as a position coach with the outside possibility of being the OC). Other people I don't know about, but I think if Pelini leaves within the next 5 years (don't think it's going to happen but it could), then I think we stay in staff.

Although I think that Bo will be here for many more years (I'm thinking 10+ years) but I just might join in on the fun. I'd like to see any Husker coach have some Husker related background but its not a huge must for me. Whoever takes the job needs to realize that taking the job you'll have the media and fans breathing in your face wanting to know every detail on what happens during spring and fall practice and to be willing to do any charity or event that is asked of you. I ask whoever is the coach to go out and watch other Husker events and bond with other coaches and players which I know that Bo has done an outstanding job.

I'm all up for Chris Petersen from Boise State because even though he does play in the WAC conference he has proven that he can beat elite football programs in BCS conferences. He finds a way to win with all of his trick plays when the games on the line and has an outstanding winning percentage.

I was also high on Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech but watching them play against Iowa they couldn't do anything with the triple option but than again I know that we could bring in better talent to run that type of offense here at Nebraska instead of Georgia Tech.

Scott Frost is only a QB coach, and he's only been at it for a year in Oregon. He's got a lot to prove before he could be considered for any HC job, let alone NU. There's not really anyone out there worthy of an HC job with NU ties that comes to mind, we'd have to step outside the ropes I think. The old candidates would likely be there again, like Jim Grobe from Wake Forrest, and Bud Foster of Va Tech. Personally I'd like to see Jim Mcelwain from Bama get some consideration. Gary Patterson's name would be thrown in there too probably

Frost is a WR coach at Oregon. When Gilmore leaves Frost will get the WR job at NU. That is my bold prediction for the near future.

Actually, I was thinking along the same lines.

One of the reasons I was dissapointed Gill took the Kansas job was I figured there went our last chance of ever getting him here.

He's actually older than Bo and interconference coaching transfers are usually frowned upon.

you must not follow sec football very much

THAT is why it is frowned upon.