ISU Vs Nebraska

Nebraska had 8 turnovers that game and ISU still barely managed to win. Iowa State will finish last in the Big 12.

Remember though, Colorado is also in the Big 12 :bluffs

Great use of emoticons, I almost forgot about that one. :bluffs

HAHA! I know...it should be more easily accessible as it doesn't get used often enough :)

i wouldnt say that theyll finish last in the big 12, ill reserve that right for kansas or baylor at this point but isu is no better than a 9th place finisher imo.

Husker B Rent- Say it isn't so my old friend? We got Gill Baby!! Our 3-5 Big 12 North Record should be enough to get us out of the celler. Plus our South schedule flips. We play Baylor, OSU-who lost even more then KU did, and Texas A&M.

IMHO, the best teams in the North break down in this order: Nebraska, Missouri, K-State, Iowa State, Kansas, and then Colorado.

The reasons I have KU below ISU are because Kansas lost a lot of pieces that made them special the last few years, and they also have a coach that is relatively unproven against BCS caliber competition. There are too many question marks to put them above 5th in the North, imho.

But, I still think Gill will eventually do well there and possibly turn them into a contender. However, I just don't see it happening in 2010.

but really the last two interceptions come from forced play at the end of a game we should have already been winning...i think three turnovers we had were actually legit

and don't underestimate the front four's affect of pressuring the qb to cause those interceptions.

zac lee was under no pressure on the last one...he simple was trying to get us down the field in a hurry

i wouldnt say that theyll finish last in the big 12, ill reserve that right for kansas or baylor at this point but isu is no better than a 9th place finisher imo.

Husker B Rent- Say it isn't so my old friend? We got Gill Baby!! Our 3-5 Big 12 North Record should be enough to get us out of the celler. Plus our South schedule flips. We play Baylor, OSU-who lost even more then KU did, and Texas A&M.

IMHO, the best teams in the North break down in this order: Nebraska, Missouri, K-State, Iowa State, Kansas, and then Colorado.

The reasons I have KU below ISU are because Kansas lost a lot of pieces that made them special the last few years, and they also have a coach that is relatively unproven against BCS caliber competition. There are too many question marks to put them above 5th in the North, imho.

But, I still think Gill will eventually do well there and possibly turn them into a contender. However, I just don't see it happening in 2010.

I respect that Enhance. I think there's more talent left on this Jayhawk team than people think. I would dare say we'll have more playmakers this year, than last with Patterson, Beashers and Quigley moving back to offense. I think the main problem with the Mangino era was his constant shuffling players in and out of positions. You can't get steady improvement when you do that. I'm not expecting much this year. I think 6-6 is very possible for KU with the easier schedule. But I wouldn't be surprised if KU finished 5-7 or 4-8 either. Outside of Nebraska, Missouri (pains me to say that), and Georgia Tech, I'd say the rest of KU's games could be considered toss ups.

I respect that Enhance. I think there's more talent left on this Jayhawk team than people think. I would dare say we'll have more playmakers this year, than last with Patterson, Beashers and Quigley moving back to offense. I think the main problem with the Mangino era was his constant shuffling players in and out of positions. You can't get steady improvement when you do that. I'm not expecting much this year. I think 6-6 is very possible for KU with the easier schedule. But I wouldn't be surprised if KU finished 5-7 or 4-8 either. Outside of Nebraska, Missouri (pains me to say that), and Georgia Tech, I'd say the rest of KU's games could be considered toss ups.

I guess I also should have iterated that I am no Kansas Jayhawk follower, nor do I pay great attention to what goes on in Lawrence or what Gill is doing there.

That said, I think your assessment is fair and reasonable. The good thing about the Jayhawks schedule this year and next is that it is their easy conference schedule. No Oklahoma and no Texas this year, which means Gill and the team don't have to worry about facing two of the toughest teams in the South for the next two years. Perfect timing for him.

Also, one thing to realize when bringing in a new coach is that team success doesn't necessarily translate into wins and losses. The most important thing I would want to look for, as a Kansas fan, would be cohesiveness among the players, staff, and athletic department. I would want to see the players playing tough and getting after people. I would want to see marked improvement and something that can be built upon.

KU is in a similar spot that Nebraska was in in 2007, coming off a 7 loss season and a lot of turmoil amongst the fans and the team. All I can say is hang tough and hope for the best. Even if this year doesn't grant KU a bowl game, I think Gill will start building a solid foundation, something the KU fans will be proud of. Eventually, and hopefully, it will translate into wins, just as long as they aren't wins against Nebraska. :lol:

I have no idea what you are all grousing about...the Huskers should be proud that they were part of the greatest victory in ISU football history. That game will live forever in Ames. ISU fans and alumni will be playing it over and over for decades...not to mention local, regional and national media play next season where portions of it will be shown over and over and over. No matter what happens in games in the future, Cyclone fans will be able to say..."Yeah, but remember that game in 09 where we beat you without our starting QB or league leading running back?" You should be happy that Cyclone fans don't have to read any more stories in the paper about Marv Seiler and his amazing slow motion run to beat the Huskers way back when dinosaurs walked the earth. Frankly, we were getting kind of tired of the obligatory Seiler story that came before every meeting Cyclone/Husker game...Marv's a fat banker now and couldn't run ten feet unless there was a steak and a beer waiting for him. Now we have 20 years of news to look forward to featuring "The Fake Punt" and "The Eight Turnovers" and "The QB Who Never Started A Game Until He Beat Nebraska". Thank you Huskers!

All that aside...I'm pretty sure lightening never strikes the same place twice.

• Fire 1

I have no idea what you are all grousing about...the Huskers should be proud that they were part of the greatest victory in ISU football history. That game will live forever in Ames. ISU fans and alumni will be playing it over and over for decades...not to mention local, regional and national media play next season where portions of it will be shown over and over and over. No matter what happens in games in the future, Cyclone fans will be able to say..."Yeah, but remember that game in 09 where we beat you without our starting QB or league leading running back?" You should be happy that Cyclone fans don't have to read any more stories in the paper about Marv Seiler and his amazing slow motion run to beat the Huskers way back when dinosaurs walked the earth. Frankly, we were getting kind of tired of the obligatory Seiler story that came before every meeting Cyclone/Husker game...Marv's a fat banker now and couldn't run ten feet unless there was a steak and a beer waiting for him. Now we have 20 years of news to look forward to featuring "The Fake Punt" and "The Eight Turnovers" and "The QB Who Never Started A Game Until He Beat Nebraska". Thank you Huskers!

All that aside...I'm pretty sure lightening never strikes the same place twice.

:worship

Eh, I am over all the preseason bickering. I would rather shut up and wait till the first whistle blows. There is something about fanhood that causes peoples reasoning, intelligence and common sense to take a back seat to pride. I just get sick of it. This goes for all NCAA fans, even Huskers.

• Fire 1

You know this just tickles me. I mean someone posted on there about Nebraska not being relevant for 10 years. But my question is when has ISU ever be relevant. Look they won by whatever reason, we messed up. There D was fantastic whatever. But that doesnt erase what is what. That game should of been won, so should of va tech and texas. We cant replace what is done but we can just focus on next year. I dont know what the hell there smoking in ames but i want some. I think ill go to the game and hang out on the grass. BRI should come with me so he can pistol whip some arrogant isu fans. I dont mind loseing to ISU i just hate gettings things rubbed in my face. Ill be there cheering win or lose.

You know this just tickles me. I mean someone posted on there about Nebraska not being relevant for 10 years. But my question is when has ISU ever be relevant.

nu hasn't been relevant for the last ten years.

the difference??

isu doesn't claim to be relevant. :LOLtartar

You know this just tickles me. I mean someone posted on there about Nebraska not being relevant for 10 years. But my question is when has ISU ever be relevant.

nu hasn't been relevant for the last ten years.

the difference??

isu doesn't claim to be relevant. :LOLtartar

how very dare you. we are relevant from a historical perspective, as in 'wow, i am talking about nebraska because they are so bad now and they were so good then.' see, even when we are bad we are relevant, if only for the very reason we are bad.