This probably doesn't help.

Beebe is the worst commissioner in the history of commissioners. He eats, sleeps, and breathes all things UT with zero regard to what's best for the entire conference.

Thats because without Texas, the Big12 has nothing. Texas is realistically the only thing the B12 has that other conferences would want. But in the end it will be the ultimate demise of the Big12, because as we have seen the rest of us are fed up with this crap. I sure hope we bail and go to the Big10. There is no reason other than pure tradition or nostalga to stay in the Big12.

Beebe is the worst commissioner in the history of commissioners. He eats, sleeps, and breathes all things UT with zero regard to what's best for the entire conference.

Thats because without Texas, the Big12 has nothing. Texas is realistically the only thing the B12 has that other conferences would want. But in the end it will be the ultimate demise of the Big12, because as we have seen the rest of us are fed up with this crap. I sure hope we bail and go to the Big10. There is no reason other than pure tradition or nostalga to stay in the Big12.

That's not at all true. All they are are one program. Nothing more - nothing less.

As for tradition and nostalgia - what all 14 years of it?

• Fire 3

Just wondering why all the other North teams are still voting the souths way? You would think Kansas, K State, and Missou would want to play the game in KC or St Louis. They still can't be in the mindset let's screw Nebraska.

They want to keep the basketball tourney in KC most likely.

That's not at all true. All they are are one program. Nothing more - nothing less.

As for tradition and nostalgia - what all 14 years of it?

Respectfully, I have to completely disagree with your opinion on this matter.

They are not just "one" program. They have much more influence in the Big 12 than you are giving them credit for, and it has been proven time and time again that the Big 12 favors Texas and favors keeping them in a position of power. And this is not just coming from a bitter Husker fan following a tough CCG loss.

And if it wasnt for the conference babying Texas and givin em everything all the time, the other 11 programs would be just as much.

Things I know and things I think I know:

* In exactly a month, the Big 12 Conference board of directors will vote whether to keep the league’s football title game at Cowboys Stadium through 2013, or continue to rotate the site.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, in a radio interview last week on the Husker Sports Network, sounded inclined toward keeping the game in suburban Dallas.

“Look, the fact of the matter is, we have the facility this close to the University of Texas that is the best in the world right now, that is also in a recruiting hotbed for Mack Brown and Texas,” he said. “So, I think our members so far feel like, why would we move away from such a tremendous butt kissing?”

Um, not quite all members feel that way.

Link

There, i fixed the typos in that discussion.

and mostly at the expense of the entire program. texas needs to learn what enlightened self-interest means; the stronger/better the conference, the better for everyone, even UT.

and mostly at the expense of the entire program. texas needs to learn what enlightened self-interest means; the stronger/better the conference, the better for everyone, even UT.

Creepin me out man..I have to know what enlightened self interest is for a final tomorrow :lol:

I have a feeling that the Championship is going to be in Texas for the forseeable future. It's all about money these days and people are willing to play into the South's hand because of it. Osborne is standing firm though, sticking up for Nebraska. This conference move talk makes more and more sense to me.

Whoops didn't see this article is already under, "This probably doesn't help" in the conference expansion area. Judoka has it up over there already...my bad Judoka. Mods- you can close this one down...sorry again.

Thanks. I didn't see that either.

I'll merge this with that other thread in an hour or two. There's some good conversation here so I don't want to just lock this up.

Thread to be merged to another in Conference Expansion in a little bit. Fair warning.

I assume you are talking about UTs financial strength -- the have so much money.

It will be interesting if the Big 10 does come calling, and what leverage NU would then have on the Big 12. Would Beebe bend over backwards to keep us, or would he just simply wish us well. I would think the loss of NU would be a huge blow to the Big 12, let alone MU leaving.