Maurice Purify arrested

This is his first offense (at least I think) so he's probably only going to get hit with a small fine. Nothing to big, you know like forcing yourself on a drunk girl in a bathroom.

I wonder about that. Goodell isn't prone to go easy on guys, especially when they're not major players. With Mo's history here he could be in a bit more trouble than usual.

This is his first offense (at least I think) so he's probably only going to get hit with a small fine. Nothing to big, you know like forcing yourself on a drunk girl in a bathroom.

First offense in the NFL..... He had multiple college arrests, including one for DWI and another for assault, trespassing, and resisting. He has character issues (something the Bengals are all too familiar with), and if the Bengals don't cut him after this, the next misstep (however slight) will be the end of his NFL career.

I wonder about that. Goodell isn't prone to go easy on guys, especially when they're not major players. With Mo's history here he could be in a bit more trouble than usual.

Hence the "he is an idiot" comment.

Thanks for posting your post so I didn't have to edit my reply by adding an explanation.

Hence the "he is an idiot" comment.

Thanks for posting your post so I didn't have to edit my reply by adding an explanation.

Goodell will probably throw a 4 game suspension his way since he has a troubled past and that will end his tenure with the Bengals. He made the team and had zero catches. Pretty stupid mistake in my opinion. Kind of like getting the dream job of your life but flunking the drug test the after you sign your offer letter with a sign on bonus.

Goodell likes to make examples out of people to show that playing in the NFL is a privledge not a right.

hi, my name is Athlete. I went Juco before going D1 at a traditionally run powered offense. But being an athlete, I made the best of my time there...had a few good games/showed my ability...now i have a chance at making a few hundred G's for about 5 years if i'm lucky, just because I am simply an athlete! But wait, i also don't think with my brain, so that makes me an athlete/idiot...go figure out the rest of the story for yourself, smart man...i mean, shoot, you weren't there and don't know how hard it is to stay out of trouble with a bunch of drunk ho's around and a bunch of my posse sticking up for me, making a big scene. But because i'm Athlete, i stick my nose where it don't belong, even if i wasn't close to the stink, i get caught smelling it! just like all my other boyz who just happen to be Athlete's! Believe when I say I get a bad rap and the rest of you 'ordinary' folk who stay out of trouble just don't know what it like to be an Athlete!

great catch against aTm, MO! now go prove you more than an athlete!

We don't even know how bad the brawl was, just the fact that he got arrested for being in it. While Goodell has been harsh on rule breakers, it's usually on their second offenses that he comes down hard. Just look at Roethlisberger, after his first assault all he got was a slap on the wrist, if that. Sure you can't compare Ben and Mo, but he's the only guy I can think about.

We don't even know how bad the brawl was, just the fact that he got arrested for being in it. While Goodell has been harsh on rule breakers, it's usually on their second offenses that he comes down hard. Just look at Roethlisberger, after his first assault all he got was a slap on the wrist, if that. Sure you can't compare Ben and Mo, but he's the only guy I can think about.

One is a superbowl star and has two rings. The other has 0 catches this year and just made the squad from the practice squad. Don't be surprised if he is cut over this or suspended then cut. It is easy to make an example from a player that has little impact and say if this happens to you, then the punishment may be severe. His past may play a role in this. This is not a court of law, this is the NFL with Goodell making the rules.

Goodell's memo, a copy of which was obtained Thursday, reads: (this was sent to all teams on 4/15/10)

"The Policy makes clear that NFL and club personnel must do more than simply avoid criminal behavior. We must conduct ourselves in a way that 'is responsible, that promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.' This standard reflects the recognition that the conduct and behavior of our players and other league and team employees is critically important. Whether it involves your team or another, these incidents affect us all -- every investigation, arrest, or other allegation of improper conduct undermines the respect for our league by our fans, lessens the confidence of our business partners and threatens the continued success of our brand.

"As your club begins its offseason programs and approaches the Draft, I encourage you to be vigilant in reinforcing this message with your players and staff. It makes no difference whether an incident occurs during the season or in the off-season. At every opportunity, you should remind them of your standards and the public’s expectations, of the need to use good judgment, particularly when in a public place, and of the resources available to help us all in meeting these standards."

The memo also points out the various resources available to players, like urging those who intend to drink to make arrangements for their safety and use the league's Safe Ride program. The memo also urges all to avoid "trouble spots" and places where safety cannot be ensured.

I think Purify just broke this new policy a little over two weeks after it was issued. What do you think will happen when Goodell gets a hold of him???