SIGNED S Daimion Stafford

I'll just call this the mood swing thread. That says quite a bit if they missed the game and are still trying to come to Lincoln. That seems like a pretty pleasant sign to me.

Of course he's gonna say that he's trying to make it still. I'm telling you the kid didn't miss his flight. He called the coaches on Thursday night asking what time his flight was on Saturday morning. He didn't even know when it was! They told him it was at 6am and then the next time they made contact was at noon on Friday and he said he missed his flight and it was too cold. He didn't actually try to make it after that.

Then why is he on campus and leaving tonight?

Yup I will not be trusting that source ever again.

With everybody we have graduating at DB it will be good to have a JUCO like Stafford coming in.

We'll be returning a lot of experience at Safety too. Osborne, Cassidy and Smith have all started this year.

Depth looks good

We have a lot returning all around on the defense...as good as our D is this year, I think it will only be better next year.

With everybody we have graduating at DB it will be good to have a JUCO like Stafford coming in.

We'll be returning a lot of experience at Safety too. Osborne, Cassidy and Smith have all started this year.

Depth looks good

We have a lot returning all around on the defense...as good as our D is this year, I think it will only be better next year.

Dare we say... "5 times better"?????

This one is important, as much as people bashed JUCO's before (with Cally), Bo has done a great job finding JUCO's that make an impact. Gomes is the most recent in the defensive backfield. He has panned out great.

This one is important, as much as people bashed JUCO's before (with Cally), Bo has done a great job finding JUCO's that make an impact. Gomes is the most recent in the defensive backfield. He has panned out great.

Don't forget about Lavonte David, too. He wasn't a DB but has been a stud.

Depth looks good

I agree completely. With a program like Nebraska where you can't depend on a roster full of quality in-state talent year in and year out, you have to be willing to mine the less depleted JUCO waters for positions of real need. Even there you have to be careful. Too many trips to the JUCO ranks leaves you thin and with no continuity. I did a breakdown awhile back of all the JUCOs Bo has brought in. I think all of them to a man have either starred, started, or played gobs of meaningful snaps. His track record is impeccable.

We also have to keep in mind that we're only in year three of the new administration. Three seasons seems like a lot to the average fan, but it's the infancy of a football culture. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see less JUCOs supplementing the class in another three years, once the roster is 100% Pelini picked, and not just the ones he had to take in his first couple seasons.

Well, we are in the last class of Callahan guys (minus the redshirtees from the '07 class, I suppose, who will be here next year). Given the incredible reliance on the '07 class we've shown, I would argue that JUCO usage won't change or if anything, maybe increase in the years coming ahead. Not a bad thing, I am not sure it's tied to Nebraska at all. All big time schools dip into the JUCO ranks a certain degree.