Beebe to give big 12 members with one foot out the door an ultimatum.

Does anyone know what kind of ultimatum Beebe could use? There really is nothing the Big12 can give us that would out pace what we would get from the Big10. Is there anyway he would boot us from the Big12? I just see this as an empty threat.

All I know is early in this process a few months ago he said, and i quote "why would MU want to give up their rivalries with Baylor and Texas Tech". :blink:

Baylor and Texas Tech??!! That told me all I ever needed to know about how clueless he is. Further in that interview above they brought up equal revenue, to which he replied, "it will never happen"

He doesnt have the cards/chips, all he has is a sinking feeling and trying to save ship. He is no different then the sperned lover who clams, "no way, I am breaking up with YOU, not you breaking up with ME"!

Where is the rest of the interview??

i listened live a couple of days ago. I will try to get you a link to the pod cast.

**EDIT** here is the link. its under 'Between the Lines'. It is about 30 mins long.

810 WHB

• Fire 1

Does anyone know what kind of ultimatum Beebe could use? There really is nothing the Big12 can give us that would out pace what we would get from the Big10. Is there anyway he would boot us from the Big12? I just see this as an empty threat.

All I know is early in this process a few months ago he said, and i quote "why would MU want to give up their rivalries with Baylor and Texas Tech". :blink:

Baylor and Texas Tech??!! That told me all I ever needed to know about how clueless he is. Further in that interview above they brought up equal revenue, to which he replied, "it will never happen"

He doesnt have the cards/chips, all he has is a sinking feeling and trying to save ship. He is no different then the sperned lover who clams, "no way, I am breaking up with YOU, not you breaking up with ME"!

mizzou v. baylor and ttu is the only reason i care about the big 12.

:laughpound

To think he could have named ANY of the old big 8 and it would have made atleast some sence. But to name only TX schools and Texas schools who MU has 12 years of history with is just stupid :facepalm:

why wouldn't he had said kansas? i guess maybe he is just trying to manufacture rivalry/camaraderie were it is not to give the allusion of stronger ties to the big 12. strong ties to the old big 8, but there hasn't been any alliances formed in the big 12.

Where is the rest of the interview??

i listened live a couple of days ago. I will try to get you a link to the pod cast.

**EDIT** here is the link. its under 'Between the Lines'. It is about 30 mins long.

810 WHB

Thanks homie!

Here's a bigger chunk of the interview:

Beebe takes off gloves on 810 WHB interview

In an exclusive interview on Sports Radio 810 WHB, Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe has taken off the gloves publicly regarding a possible raid of his conference to lure Missouri and Nebraska to the Big Ten.

"We need to have a very frank conversation about where we're going and who's going to be on the plane when we take off," Beebe said about the upcoming Big 12 meeting in two weeks in Kansas City. "I will be very direct... and want to find out."

Sports Radio 810 reported earlier this week that the Big Ten had made initial offers to four schools to join the Big Ten including Missouri and Nebraska. Beebe responded saying, "I've talked directly with (Big Ten commissioner) Jim (Delaney)."I understand what he's doing, where he's coming from. Maybe I'd do it differently if I were in his situation, maybe I wouldn't. But I'm going to protect our interests."

The comments are the first made publicly by Beebe acknowledging the Big Ten's pursuit of Big 12 institutions and Beebe continued by sharing his thoughts about the future of the Big 12, even if Missouri and Nebraska leave.

"I've thought about replacements, sure," said Beebe. When asked if those possible replacement schools might be in Texas, Beebe said, "I'm not sure how any other institutions in the states we already have schools would add. I think we've captured the markets in those states."

In the 28-minute interview, Beebe emphasized a resolve that the Big 12 is not changing its revenue sharing agreement between schools that allows each school to keep half of its individual football television revenue before sharing the other half with the rest of the league.

"They say a deal's a deal," Beebe said. I understand the notion of revenue sharing and how it can get you to a good place. The Pac 10 doesn't have it and we don't have it."

Pressed on the future of the Big 12 Football and Basketball Championships being played in Kansas City, Missouri, Beebe was asked if the league has ever held a championship in a state that didn't have a member institution. "I don't believe there has," Beebe said while conceding if those events in Missouri were important to Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State, they would be considered.

As for the future of the Kansas-Missouri rivalry games and Kansas Athletic Director Lew Perkins comments that it would be hard for Kansas to schedule Missouri if they left the league, Beebe stated there is no current Big 12 rule preventing such match-ups and it's unlikely the conference would get involved in the business of individual members scheduling.

It has also been widely reported the Big 12 is working with the Pac-Ten Conference on a partnership to gain bigger television revenues by negotiating with networks together. Beebe was asked directly if it could lead to the Big Ten being excluded from the Rose Bowl and the Big 12 having its champion play in that game.

"That's a question for those (Pac 10) gentlemen," Beebe said. "As far as I've gone (talking) right now is as far as I’m going to go."

With all the talk and stories of Big Ten might, it was clear during the interview Beebe and the Big 12 have just about had enough. The commissioner made it clear they are quietly working on several possibilities he said could lead to a conference without Missouri and Nebraska that would be stronger than the league it is today.

Link

He should of known universitys arent going to allow themselves to get kicked around forever.

Really this is the guy, this is the guy who leads our conference. No wonder the big 12 has become a absolute joke. Now i honestly feel sorry for the rest of the north teams if we jump ship. Left with this douchbag driveing the ship.

The commissioner made it clear they are quietly working on several possibilities he said could lead to a conference without Missouri and Nebraska that would be stronger than the league it is today.

Translation: I will find a few teams that don't want their own TV network or revenue sharing.

The commissioner made it clear they are quietly working on several possibilities he said could lead to a conference without Missouri and Nebraska that would be stronger than the league it is today.

Translation: I will find a few teams that don't want their own TV network or revenue sharing.

That's pretty much what I got from it too. By stronger he means teams that will go along with anything he wants because they are just elated for a chance to jump up to a bcs conference.

That's pretty much what I got from it too. By stronger he means teams that will go along with anything he wants because they are just elated for a chance to jump up to a bcs conference.

Agreed. What a hilarious quote from Dumb, er Dan, Beebe. Who exactly would come to the conference and bow down to Texa$$ to make it stronger? Notre Dame? Florida? Ohio State? Alabama? USC?

I understand that this is all political, but come on Dan, you're making yourself out to be even more of an idiot than people already think that you are.

“I’ve talked directly with Jim (referring to Big X commissioner Delaney),” Mr. Beebe said. “I understand what he’s doing, where’s he’s coming from. Maybe I would do it similarly if I were in his situation, maybe I wouldn’t. But I’m going to protect our interests Texas. We need to move forward and have a direction people need to buy into and move forward.”

There, Dan, I fixed it for you :thumbs

Only 1 school in the Big 12 gets an extra second put back on the clock.

Sorry, still bitter.

I cant wait till June is over. Once the Big 10 figures itself out and hopefully we are included it will be interesting to see the domino effect and potentially root for the destruction of conferences. It would be in the Big 10's best interest to cause as much collateral damage as possible so as to gain more power and influence when it comes to bargaining with the NCAA/BCS as well as ABC/ESPN. The Big 10 is on the Imperial March and it isnt going to stop until they have seized the most power and influece.

Will it still be a BCS conference?

Will it still be a BCS conference?

With TX and OU it will always be a BCS conference.

Can't blame him in the least. The Big 12 is being threatened to be torn apart. It's his conference. And all this waffling...yeah.

But all the members will probably go to the meetings, proclaim support for the Big 12, and still have an out to take if an offer that doesn't exist yet comes along.