Big Ten Reportedly Hits First Home Run Of Expansion, Snags Nebraska

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/10/Reports-Nebraska-to-Join-Big-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724

Some further confirmation. This is both exhilarating and nerve-wracking at the same time.

i agree I mean look at us Nebraska is single handedly for better or worse in the driver seat and its actions could and will change college football.... for better and for worse again atleast we are on the inside and people are conventing us so highly rather than our poor B12- North friends... and even thought Big Tom denies this i'm sure it feels good to stick it to texas in some way.......

wonder how MORE EPIC THE TEXAS GAME IS GONNA BE THIS YEAR IF THIS ALL GOES DOWN??????

The school should get an elephant from the zoo and let it roam the sidelines during the game.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

LMAO

chuckleshuffle:rollin:rollin:rollin

On the field the Big11 is (at best) the 4th best conference. Yet off the field they are re-designing the college football world to their advantage.

Interesting statement considering the source.

I hope it works out for Nebraska and you don't get harmed by the new alliances, but it hardly makes sense from a football minded point of view.

The potential harm for Nebraska v. the existing harm would be rather disproportionate imo.

Tom Osborne and ESPN just announced NU will join the Big 10. My Brother just told me he lives in St. Louis

That must be one hell of a commute from St. Louis, MO to Lincoln, NE every day.

I tried to +1 that, but I'm out of them for the day. That's some funny stuff though! :thumbs

I know there are several of you who don't care too much for Iowa...but as a Hawkeye fan and Iowa alumn I just want to welcome all of you to the Big Ten Conference...I think Nebraska is a great addition. I look forward to a potentially great rivalry.

hold up everybody...a nice iowa fan????? welcome to husker board

:thumbs

Iowa has 1 claimed national title from 1958, when they went 8-1 and won the Rose Bowl

That's as legitimate as one of Texas so called National title.

I'll miss that big Iowa State rivalry they made shirts and called us names to. :facepalm:

Let's face anyone that plays us is a rival until the next game.