Welcome! Some Big Ten Facts of LIfe

Ohio's far enough away from Iowa that I never really concerned myself with it before. I always thought Hayden Frye was a good coach and decent guy. Ferentz used to have my respect, but that's waned over time. Nonetheless, I think every state that touches Iowa makes fun of it.

I can agree with you there, muffler.

HaydenFox.jpg

That Dauber always cracked me up too...

i love you big 10 er....11 guys....your awesome...except iowa....nobody cares about iowa chuckleshuffle

Ohio's far enough away from Iowa that I never really concerned myself with it before. I always thought Hayden Frye was a good coach and decent guy. Ferentz used to have my respect, but that's waned over time. Nonetheless, I think every state that touches Iowa makes fun of it.

you know what iowa stand for...idiots out wandering around...you know why iowa has rivers on both sides of it...keep the idiots in...you know why they have bridges to iowa...some idiots get out...hahaha....i mean no offense by this...i just happen to live a rock throw away from iowa

HaydenFox.jpg

Damn you, man. I had to look it up to see if I misspelled something. Only thing I got wrong was Frye. No "e". :lol:

you know what iowa stand for...idiots out wandering around...you know why iowa has rivers on both sides of it...keep the idiots in...you know why they have bridges to iowa...some idiots get out...hahaha....i mean no offense by this...i just happen to live a rock throw away from iowa

First joke I was told by a Minnesotan was: Why doesn't Minnesota float up into Canada? Because Iowa sucks.

Cheesy, yet simplistically funny.

For those who like Heyward Banks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyeY0hWU28I

He's a complete idiot, just like the rest of the coaching staff here! But no reason to worry, they will be gone soon ;)

First of all, from everyone from the great state of Minnesota, welcome to the great Big Ten! I can confidently speak for the majority of us here at the University of Minnesota that the addition of the University of Nebraska is exceptional. To celebrate, here are some facts of life that I am certain you will adapt to, especially since you are in the Midwest part of the conference.

1. Who hates Iowa, WE HATE IOWA - This one is fairly simple, always hate Iowa, no matter what you play them in. Kill them, slaughter them, then laugh at them. SPOILER ALERT: They're a different breed of human.

2. Wisconsin is the worst state in the nation - This concept is also simple,really no need explanation needed for the Vadger plague.

3. The Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa rivaly is truely unique - It's truely a three-way type of rivalry. Due to your geographic location, I'm sure this will soon become a four-way rivalry, and damn it, I can't wait.

4. Thank whoever you worship, because there is no Texas in this league - No school is given more importance in big picture operations, everyone is represented on a fair level. Feel confident in knowing that all roads no longer lead to Texas.

5. You, my friends, just got a big raise - I am confident that the $22 million figure paid out to each member this year will now increase with you, and I am really excited to see how your school improves, both atheletically and academically, with the added resources.

6. Academics? We invented the seat belt, pacemaker, Vitamen A, C... (insert never ending list) - Although you are already in the top 100, if you believe in history (Penn State), you will be jumping up about 20 ranks with this move!

7. Don't buy into the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State hype - Every one of the schools is this great conference are extremely unique, there's too much relevence given to the "big 3" in the national media.

This is all I can think of for now, I'll post more as I think of them. Other Big Ten fans out there? Add them to this list! Once again, congrats Nebraska from the University of Minnesota! SKI-U-MAH

How's Cosgrove? hahaha

I'm sorry that was mean.

yea we could have told you that. sorry you guys had too find out the way we did. I have always respected the Minnesota program and even been a closet fan too a degree.

Thanks for dropping by and posting i will keep this bookmarked.

HaydenFox.jpg

Killer I hate to be that guy.....but it was Hayden Fox on Coach

I'm looking forward to being able to play Minnesota every year. Hopefully when things get aligned, Nebraska is in the same division/pod/whatever that Minnesota is in. My whole family pretty much lives in Minnesota (either close to the Cities, or less than an hour away), so I'd have the option of going up to see them on Friday, go to the game on Saturday, and come back to Nebraska on Sunday and only have to pay for the travel expenses and the ticket to the game.

HaydenFox.jpg

Killer I hate to be that guy.....but it was Hayden Fox on Coach

Yeah, but they do have a real life Dauber as their Defensive Coordinator.

I'm looking forward to being able to play Minnesota every year. Hopefully when things get aligned, Nebraska is in the same division/pod/whatever that Minnesota is in. My whole family pretty much lives in Minnesota (either close to the Cities, or less than an hour away), so I'd have the option of going up to see them on Friday, go to the game on Saturday, and come back to Nebraska on Sunday and only have to pay for the travel expenses and the ticket to the game.

I'm looking forward to the revival of games with PSU. I've loved every one of them even though we ended up on the short side of the scoreboard a few more times than I liked. Plus, I have relatives in Pennsylvania that are as rabid about the Nittany Lions as I am about the Huskers. It'll be fun reminding them to make sure that crooked field gets repaired. dedhoarse

6. Academics? We invented the seat belt, pacemaker, Vitamen A, C... (insert never ending list) - Although you are already in the top 100, if you believe in history (Penn State), you will be jumping up about 20 ranks with this move!

Well, we invented Koolade and race track wall absorber thingys.

I look forward to get a chance to even the record with Minn. one of the few teams to have a winning record against NU

Those are called the "Safer Barriers" and are very important on the race track. It will be really cool to see how much more NU can help invent with the increase in funding.

Dear Big Ten: Roll out the red carpet for the Big Red

June 9, 2010

By Dennis Dodd

CBSSports.com Senior Writer

They're special, Jim, so be kind. In fact, a red carpet of some kind wouldn't be considered over the top.

They are the Big Red. The only Big Red that matters. Nebraska. A program that forged its reputation playing walk-ons from the state's cornfields. It was recruiting New Jersey before Rutgers had a clue. At one time, its coaches used to know California better than The Governator.

It is a national program with incredibly deep local roots so be gentle, Jim, because Nebraska football isn't a "brand" or "inventory" as you like to call the games you sell to networks. Nebraska football isn't just something to fill air time on the Big Ten Network. It is a culture. It is brawn. It is Outlands, Heismans.

It is the Great Plains version of Michigan -- with its pride still intact.

Now it's all yours, Jim. Don't mess it up. Don't make Nebraska football into ... Purdue, something lost in the haze of a 16-team conference. I'm talking to you, Jim Delany. This is on you, the Big Ten commissioner. You didn't just invite a school or a team or a program. You invited a state, its people, its past, its future, its ethic.

You invited 45 percent of Notre Dame Stadium. That's the percentage of red that showed up in the Irish's football shrine when the teams met in 2000. You invited one half of the Game of the Century. You invited those thousands of balloons that are released into the Lincoln sky after the home team's first touchdown. You invited Devaney, Osborne, Gill, Rozier, Alberts, Wistrom and Suh.

Read more:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13501955/dear-big-ten-roll-out-the-red-carpet-for-the-big-red

==============================================================

Nebraska leaving Big 12 for Big Ten; CU to Pac-10 may be next

By John Henderson

The Denver Post

The first big domino in the predicted shake-up of the collegiate landscape is about to fall, with Nebraska, long rumored to be heading toward the Big Ten Conference, expected to make it official as soon as Friday.

Next up could be Colorado headed to the Pac-10 Conference.

A source close to the Nebraska athletic department told The Denver Post on Wednesday that the Cornhuskers are moving on. Multiple media outlets around the Big 12 also reported sources close to the Huskers saying they're bolting, with a move expected to be officially announced Friday when Nebraska regents meet.

Once Nebraska's move becomes official, it could unleash a tidal wave of other moves nationally — with the Pac-10 ready to raid six Big 12 schools, including Colorado, along with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

More: http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_15264897

20100609_095709_FooterNebraska061010.jpg

• Fire 1