WR Dorial Green-Beckham

So, the all-time leading passer (21,000+ yards and 208 TD passes) in HS history is joined by the all-time leader in receiving (6,356 rec. yards) in HS history on the same team, in the same freshman class. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

No. It hasn't.

I hope they have videos of their high school playing days. Both those guys will be lucky to put up 20% of those numbers over the next four years.

1271 yards in 4 years? DGB will have that as a freshman.

I don't care how much recruiting hype these guys got. Go back and look at the schedule Mizzou plays. I'm guessing DGB won't light it up when he's a true frosh. Doesn't happen very often. After next year Mizzou plays a brutal road schedule. Just brutal.

We'll wait and see how this pans out for each of these two guys. There is no way he gets 1271 yards as a true frosh. He *might* get that in three or four years. But not next year. Or even the following year.

So, the all-time leading passer (21,000+ yards and 208 TD passes) in HS history is joined by the all-time leader in receiving (6,356 rec. yards) in HS history on the same team, in the same freshman class. Wonder if that's ever happened before?

No. It hasn't.

I hope they have videos of their high school playing days. Both those guys will be lucky to put up 20% of those numbers over the next four years.

I don't care how much recruiting hype these guys got. Go back and look at the schedule Mizzou plays. I'm guessing DGB won't light it up when he's a true frosh. Doesn't happen very often. After next year Mizzou plays a brutal road schedule. Just brutal.

We'll wait and see how this pans out for each of these two guys. There is no way he gets 1271 yards as a true frosh. He *might* get that in three or four years. But not next year. Or even the following year.

We'll be coming back to this thread one way or the other ;)

No. It hasn't.

Ha ha! Yeah. :lol:

No. It hasn't.

Oh this will be one that should be bookmarked now.

Having watched and followed DGB for four years ... well, he has always excelled ... while being on a terrible team and going against tough 5A schools in Missouri. He is the real deal. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He is the #1 recruit at WR I thought, atleast top 5. He will do as well as anyone in the country ... considering he will be playing the top CB talent on the best teams oversigning can accummulate ... I still believe he will do well ... but that's only because I've seen him go up against schools I know and all the scheming that was done to try to limit him. If he can adjust to college, learning a new system early and handle the physical aspects ... lookout. The guy is a physical specimen ... just don't know if some of the comments are based on first hand info ... and I have great respect for the posters in this thread and their football IQ's.

• 8 months later...