SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

Ohio defensive end Greg McMullen, who has Nebraska as his leader, was one player who wasn't surprised.

"I've been following it on SportsCenter for a while now and they compared coach Tressel to past coaches in these situations and they all seemed to resign so I wasn't shocked or surprised," he said. "I just felt it was a matter of time. For me it drops them down a little bit because I now have to see how things are going to be run over there so I'll visit there again and take a look, but I was never a kid who grew up dreaming of playing for one school.

"Even as an in-state kid, I was never locked on Ohio State. There are consequences to each action and that's part of life so I think this was supposed to happen in that respect. But it does drop them down a little bit."

Continue reading...

Ohio defensive end Greg McMullen, who has Nebraska as his leader, was one player who wasn't surprised.

"I've been following it on SportsCenter for a while now and they compared coach Tressel to past coaches in these situations and they all seemed to resign so I wasn't shocked or surprised," he said. "I just felt it was a matter of time. For me it drops them down a little bit because I now have to see how things are going to be run over there so I'll visit there again and take a look, but I was never a kid who grew up dreaming of playing for one school.

"Even as an in-state kid, I was never locked on Ohio State. There are consequences to each action and that's part of life so I think this was supposed to happen in that respect. But it does drop them down a little bit."

Continue reading...

Man I really like this kid! He sure seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Continue reading...

Man I really like this kid! He sure seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Because he's not an OSU homer.

Fixed it for ya ;). I agree though. Seems like a stand up kid.

“There are a lot of questions that still have to be answered,” said Akron (Ohio) Hoban defensive end Greg McMullen, ranked as the nation’s No. 88 prospect by Rivals.com. “If they get more sanctions thrown on them for the long term, then I’m not going there. I want to know how it feels to play in a Big Ten championship and know how it feels to play in a bowl game.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20110601/SPORTS06/110531070/Recruiting-Big-Ten-seeing-dramatic-changes-from-OSU-fallout

I really think he's made up his mind that tOSU is out.

“There are a lot of questions that still have to be answered,” said Akron (Ohio) Hoban defensive end Greg McMullen, ranked as the nation’s No. 88 prospect by Rivals.com. “If they get more sanctions thrown on them for the long term, then I’m not going there. I want to know how it feels to play in a Big Ten championship and know how it feels to play in a bowl game.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20110601/SPORTS06/110531070/Recruiting-Big-Ten-seeing-dramatic-changes-from-OSU-fallout

I really think he's made up his mind that tOSU is out.

He may have just let the cat out of the bag as well. Think about it. He wants to play in the BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP. Notre Dame wouldn't give him that opportunity and tOSU is going to get bowl bans from now till forever. NU is the only place on his list he could do that.

Has he said when he is gonna make his decision yet?

He was going to wait after his senior season, but I wouldnt be shocked at all to see him commit sometime this summer or early fall. Just a hunch I have about Greg.