SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

The staff has work to do with Greg....

As they do with all of the committed prospects.

Too much is being made of this. ND already has two DE recruits and the people there say that the needs are not at DE.

Don't lose sleep over this one.

Too much is being made of this. ND already has two DE recruits and the people there say that the needs are not at DE.

Agreed buddy, Greg will be a Husker in the end. Having such a highly thought of defensive lineman is nice, but you can almost guarntee other schools will continue to call him.

Our staff just has to let Greg know that his true home is Lincoln.

I swear, half of all the supposedly big recruits ND lands are just buried on the depth chart their whole career and never even see the field.

They pulled in a few highly touted DE recruits last year as well, so Greg would be walking into a crowded position if he chose ND. Plus, Coach Kelly for as good as he is, seems more of an offensive guy, imo.

Agreed buddy, Greg will be a Husker in the end. Having such a highly thought of defensive lineman is nice, but you can almost guarntee other schools will continue to call him.

Our staff just has to let Greg know that his true home is Lincoln.

ND also took something like 7 DE's last year. Greg has the ability to move inside, however, he'll stay on the outside at Nebraska.

Uhh ohhh

McMullen, a June commit from Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron, Ohio, is looking at the Fighting Irish, well, because his mom wants him to look at schools closer to home.

“She influences a lot of the decisions I make,” McMullen told 24/7 Sports. “She said she wanted to go on a trip, and I said my second best school I would go check out was Notre Dame. I also think it would be biased to make my decision and never experience a football game at Notre Dame.”

McMullen, a four-star recruit with a 94 rating, said he did advise Nebraska’s coaches he’d look at ND.

“They were like it’s still your decision and they feel we have a strong enough relationship there is nothing to worry about ,” McMullen said. “I talked to them, and it’s the respectable thing to do that.”

http://sports.omaha....tre-dame-visit/

Uhh ohhh

McMullen, a June commit from Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron, Ohio, is looking at the Fighting Irish, well, because his mom wants him to look at schools closer to home.

“She influences a lot of the decisions I make,” McMullen told 24/7 Sports. “She said she wanted to go on a trip, and I said my second best school I would go check out was Notre Dame. I also think it would be biased to make my decision and never experience a football game at Notre Dame.”

McMullen, a four-star recruit with a 94 rating, said he did advise Nebraska’s coaches he’d look at ND.

“They were like it’s still your decision and they feel we have a strong enough relationship there is nothing to worry about ,” McMullen said. “I talked to them, and it’s the respectable thing to do that.”

what happened to if you look elsewhere your not committed?

Uhh ohhh

what happened to if you look elsewhere your not committed?

My thoughts exactly. Being that he is going to look at ND and the staff okayed it (his words), it makes me think that maybe he is just trying to satisfy his mom by at least looking close.

If ND wants him, regardless of how many DEs they have, he could still go.

Not panicking, but a little worried about this one.