SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

He is supposedly taking an unoffical to o lie o state next weekend per cleveland radio

Color me not worried.

why?

Two words my friend: John Papuchis

you know thats the problem i think in some cases... looking at our big recruits or major targets it always seems that JP is always the main guy... the dude cant be everywhere at once while coaching and balancing family life or what not.... i think some other guys need to step up too... we counted on eckler for a while but he was spotted..... i guess everyone team has their 1 ace recruiter but i think on a lot of successful recruiting teams there are several close seconds... i dont know if we have that on a consistent basis... i know im one of the guys that can whine about recruiting but id like to someone else to step up... looking at our committs it sees like JG has gotten a few guys with the help of others.. but i'd like to see CP step up and CR make some moves... also even though he is OC TB killed it for us a while back on the trail... i know these guys are on it but id like to see some of the pressure taken of JP........

Sometimes it doesnt matter if you have coaches on a kid, some coaches just have "it", you know what I mean, you probably have friends or had friends where people just wanted to hang with them, or it was "always more fun if so-so was there", its like that with recruiting.

I have "recruited" kids and I have seen kids get recruited. Some coaches just have a way about them that kids relate to. Its weird, they wont tell their mom or dad anything but they will tell this certian coach about EVERYTHING.

Its not a fault or anything like that, just like being tall or short is not a fault, its just a "thing".

I have coached with guys that knew more about X's and O's then I could EVER know but they could not relate to kids, for me, I can relate to kids but I sure have no idea how to coach certain positions and I am the worlds WORST OC.

you know thats the problem i think in some cases... looking at our big recruits or major targets it always seems that JP is always the main guy... the dude cant be everywhere at once while coaching and balancing family life or what not.... i think some other guys need to step up too... we counted on eckler for a while but he was spotted..... i guess everyone team has their 1 ace recruiter but i think on a lot of successful recruiting teams there are several close seconds... i dont know if we have that on a consistent basis... i know im one of the guys that can whine about recruiting but id like to someone else to step up... looking at our committs it sees like JG has gotten a few guys with the help of others.. but i'd like to see CP step up and CR make some moves... also even though he is OC TB killed it for us a while back on the trail... i know these guys are on it but id like to see some of the pressure taken of JP........

Last year this was really the only help JP had on the staff when dealing with more high profile recruits. Corey Raymond will pay off and start becoming a player for NU.

I hear more about those three fuys along with Garrison and Carl than Els and Fisher.

JP is just one of those guys who have that niche recruiting. He is NU's Ed Orgeron, or Kirby Smart or Ed Warinner, the guy that fishes the deep seas for the monster catches.

He is supposedly taking an unoffical to o lie o state next weekend per cleveland radio

Apparently he just put those OSU rumors to rest... again... However I don't have an account so I'm not completely sure.

Here's all I have access to from HI

Think Husker commit Greg McMullen might still be looking at other schools? Think again, says the 4-star defensive end.

he basically told the people starting the rumors to eff off, and said he hasn't talked to anybody from any other school

that a boy Greg!!! ill admit i was being a little paranoid and losing some faith in you but im glad everything was untrue... im sorry i bought into the lies.... call me tonight....

Not sure if posted before as didn't want to read through everything, but he was quoted as saying a couple weeks back that kids who commit and then decommit are stupid. His words not mine. They talked about it on sports nightly.