Yeah, it's time to leave the Big 12

Before you get your pitchforks and torches out, Mack Brown said some very respectable things about our program.

So what, Hitler had some great things to say about the U.S. before 1941. Talk is cheap and I prefer to judge a man by his actions.

So far I'm not real impressed with Texas or Mac Brown's. :hookerhorns

WOW!!!

Did someone just make a comparison between Hitler and the Nazi Regime to Mack Brown and the Longhorns?!

just....WOW!!!!

edit: Mods, If I get banned for personal attacks, am I still allowed to browse but not contribute?

He wasn't comparing Mack Brown to Hitler he was just using Hitler as an example of how talk is cheap.

So what, Hitler had some great things to say about the U.S. before 1941. Talk is cheap and I prefer to judge a man by his actions.

WOW!!!

Did someone just make a comparison between Hitler and the Nazi Regime to Mack Brown and the Longhorns?!

just....WOW!!!!

edit: Mods, If I get banned for personal attacks, am I still allowed to browse but not contribute?

Damn dude, if you're really that offended by my admittedly exaggerated analogy then take it to the shed. Otherwise chill out a bit before you give yourself an aneurysm or something.

Before you get your pitchforks and torches out, Mack Brown said some very respectable things about our program.

WOW!!!

just....WOW!!!!

Hey Godwin, nice to see you here.

Hitler reference. Grow up.

EDIT: I am genuinely curious to hear what actions you are judging him by that would cause you to reference the man responsible for the genocide of 6 million Jews in the same paragraph as Mack Brown. By all means...

One phrase that really stuck out...

"Beebe repeated that the new Big 12 doesn't want a football championship game."

I hope all the other schools caught that. Especially Texas A&M, since they are looking for nearly $20 million dollars in yearly revenue. Its going to be hard to do that without a championship game, and 4 other teams that are going to want that same amount.

WOW!!!

just....WOW!!!!

He wasn't comparing Mack Brown to Hitler he was just using Hitler as an example of how talk is cheap.

Examples for talk is cheap:

Terrell Owens (you know the history)

Pac-Man Jones (telling Goodell that he is changing the morning after he was at a strip club)

GW Bush (declaring victory, but we are still there)

B. Obama ("I'll fix everything"; it's still broke)

Dan Hawkins ("10 wins", need I say more)

Pederson ("I refuse to let NU slide into mediocrity")

B Callahan (I'm a great coach in all areas)

Do I need to keep going? Comparing someone to Hitler, in whatever context, is disgusting. I'm pissed when people do it to our Presidents, for reasons much more important than college football.

Mack Brown has backed up his talk. He has won Big12 Championships, he has won a National Championship. He puts together great recruiting classes every year. He is a guy that respects the integrity and respect of Tom Osborne, whom he has known for years as a coach and administrator. His team has not been in trouble with the NCAA. To me, that is backing up is talk. When you are as good as Texas has been under Mack Brown, you can talk. But yet he remains respectful to NU and has good things to say about our team and coaches.

His talk is definately not cheap!

Oh come on. Hitler was real. It happened. Hell my grandmother is full blooded german and lost family members during that war and was snuck out of the country in a potato bag in the back of a truck. I don't see why it's so stupid or offensive to mention Hitler. It was just an example. Replace Hitler with Lebron James...or Blaine Gabbert...or Bo Pelini...people say things appropriate for the situation. Is mack brown really going to stand up there and say "nebraska can go to hell"

Actions speak louder than words and THAT was the point. If you don't agree with his point just say so. Don't try to devalue his point because his reference supposedly offends you.

If you don't agree with his point just say so. Don't try to devalue his point because his reference supposedly offends you.

Mack Brown has backed up his talk. He has won Big12 Championships, he has won a National Championship. He puts together great recruiting classes every year. He is a guy that respects the integrity and respect of Tom Osborne, whom he has known for years as a coach and administrator. His team has not been in trouble with the NCAA. To me, that is backing up is talk. When you are as good as Texas has been under Mack Brown, you can talk. But yet he remains respectful to NU and has good things to say about our team and coaches.

His talk is definately not cheap!

Oh come on. Hitler was real. It happened. Hell my grandmother is full blooded german and lost family members during that war and was snuck out of the country in a potato bag in the back of a truck. I don't see why it's so stupid or offensive to mention Hitler.

You proved in your own statement why it can be very offensive. You are correct, Hitler was real and the Holocaust/WWII did happen. If he was a cartoon or some character out of a twisted book, the comment would not be offensive.

I don't recall people being murdered or being smuggled out of Austion after a football game or press conference.

Actions speak louder than words and THAT was the point. If you don't agree with his point just say so. Don't try to devalue his point because his reference supposedly offends you.

It's not because it's offensive, its because the scale of anything in the world aside from ww3 and a genocide doesn't compare to Hitler and the Nazi's. What's actually offensive to me is the fact that bringing that up in any football related discussion a ) takes away from any actual discussion (see almost every post since it was done) and b ) is completely irrelevant.

• Fire 1