Aggies are upset

Maybe they SHOULD HAVE LEFT when they had the chance. Maybe they wanted the Big 12 to not be able to pay what they promised so that they could leave the conference w/o penalty? But that makes no sense either considering there more than likely wouldn't be a conference left anyway.

I sincerely hope that NU and CU takes the fees to court and drags it out so that it doesn't get settled for years, and no one can collect on anything. Who doesn't think Beebe is hoping and praying for a quick check from NU and CU so he can at least have a glimmer of hope in offering terms he seemed to have dreamed up overnight?

The seven other schools are expected to receive between $14 million and $17 million annually. Big 12 schools have received between $7 million and $12 million annually in recent years.

I am no financial brain, but I have no idea how they get these numbers. The payouts will be double what they were. IF NU and CU pay FULL on the penalty that is only 17.6% increase (16% for 10 vs. 12 way split and 1.6% share of penalty) Only one of two contracts are up for negotiations. Granted the current contract is undervalued, but are they are willing to almost double the current contract for what is essentially ONE game that will matter nationally and with no CCG.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texasam/7129321.html

Equal shares for all conference members looks more and more peaceful all the time.

Translation - I ain't going no damn where anyway till I get my mother^$ing money!

I say they don't get their money and are on their way to the SEC.

....and the cracks are starting to show..........

I like this comment about exit penalty $.

Beebe said Tuesday that Texas and Oklahoma had declined that offer from the five schools, but that A&M — whose athletic department is in the early stages of paying back a $16 million loan to the university — had not.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texasam/7129321.html

Equal shares for all conference members looks more and more peaceful all the time.

Translation - I ain't going no damn where anyway till I get my mother^$ing money!

I say they don't get their money and are on their way to the SEC.

....and the cracks are starting to show..........

I like this comment about exit penalty $.

Beebe said Tuesday that Texas and Oklahoma had declined that offer from the five schools, but that A&M — whose athletic department is in the early stages of paying back a $16 million loan to the university — had not.

Does the name Bill Byrne ring a bell

The seven other schools are expected to receive between $14 million and $17 million annually. Big 12 schools have received between $7 million and $12 million annually in recent years.

I am no financial brain, but I have no idea how they get these numbers. The payouts will be double what they were. IF NU and CU pay FULL on the penalty that is only 17.6% increase (16% for 10 vs. 12 way split and 1.6% share of penalty) Only one of two contracts are up for negotiations. Granted the current contract is undervalued, but are they are willing to almost double the current contract for what is essentially ONE game that will matter nationally and with no CCG.

It's not just you, we've all been wondering where all this magical money the conference has never had before is coming from.

My Prediction: The big 12 dies in a huge mess of litigation in just a year or two.

beebe will need the penalty money more than ever, and it looks like isu, mu, ku, ksu, baylor, ttu, and osu better not have any plans on spending any of it.