Middleton 'overjoyed' with move to Nebraska

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/18/1305424/a-fresh-start.html

'Middleton did not deny the claims that he failed drug tests during the offseason."

Hope he changes his attitude towards drugs before he shows up and has learned something from the past. I don't think Bo will put up with any BS, and I imagine one of the conditions of him coming here was that he would have to deal with random drug tests.

In his interview with Unsportsmanlike Conduct, he said that Bo was no-nonsense and that he would be on a pretty tight leash. He sounded...kinda happy with that fact, so hopefully he's committed to quitting whatever he was doing.

Some kids need a tight leash. It could be possible that Sark wasnt giving him what he needed in terms of discipline. Bo will definitely provide that and hopefully it is a positive outcome for all involved.

My guess is that Bo has already terrified the kid, and he knows just where he stands. I hope he gives it the effort it deserves. Few get the chance to play at that level, then to screw it up and get a second chance at what most would consider a better place.

I wish him luck, but if he screws the pooch once my guess is he is gone. And I am pretty sure he knows that quite well.

I don't think we are a program that ought to be chasing another program's problems. Whether out of HS or juco,avoiding troublemakers should be the first criteria of recruiting. I'm not keen on going after another program's trouble. Hope it works out .

The 1990s agrees with you. We had some GREAT players, but we also had many players with many problems. It was a glorious and horrible time to be a Husker, all at once.

I'm sure Bo has terrified this kid, and I believe in second chances too, but this won't be his second chance - it'll be his fourth or fifth. When the Washington fans come to HuskerBoard before the game they'll give us all the gritty details, but the fact is that Middleton failed more than one drug test. I would count each of those as "a chance," and he failed each of them.

I don't think we are a program that ought to be chasing another program's problems. Whether out of HS or juco,avoiding troublemakers should be the first criteria of recruiting. I'm not keen on going after another program's trouble. Hope it works out .

The 1990s agrees with you. We had some GREAT players, but we also had many players with many problems. It was a glorious and horrible time to be a Husker, all at once.

I'm sure Bo has terrified this kid, and I believe in second chances too, but this won't be his second chance - it'll be his fourth or fifth. When the Washington fans come to HuskerBoard before the game they'll give us all the gritty details, but the fact is that Middleton failed more than one drug test. I would count each of those as "a chance," and he failed each of them.

Yes, the 1990-1992 were horrible years. <_<