QB Race

i agree...this constant indecision by the coaches...if there IS indecision...just creates another distraction for the players during the season. I can understand keeping it competitive in camp and practice leading up to the season...but once its time to play...i think everybody wants to see one guy making the calls at the line

I get the competition talk, and respect it, but the QB position is different. Having a revolving door there...not sure.

Exactly........simply put and I couldn't agree more.

(apologies if the link to the article is a violation.....kind of new to this.)

It's not, so no worries.

I agree with you, but I'm also thinking realistically about this. I'd bet almost anything Bo knows who he would rather have at quarterback, but he doesn't want to name the starter until he sees them in game action. If he names a starter at quarterback, then he has to name starters at every other position, and he said he does not want to release a depth chart yet. Besides, what if he named Martinez the starter? It would look rather foolish to see Martinez trot out against WKU and throw two or three interceptions.

I'm under the assumption that all three quarterbacks will not get equal reps on Saturday. I'm thinking one will get 40-50% of the reps (that is if they decide to split them) and then the other two will split the remainder. I really don't think this competition will be as split as everybody is talking about. I could be wrong, but the quarterback position is different even if Bo doesn't want to publicly admit it. He cannot yank all three of them around all non-con.

Hearing some rumblings that Martinez and Green are sort of Co- #1's right now...found that very interesting since most have written Green off as being 3rd string. I don't know how accurate this is, but it comes from a pretty reliable poster on another board.

It could also just be for the first game or two, to see how much those two have actually improved when it counts.

Saturday can't get here fast enough.

I've been following this thread since Post 1, I thought Lee would/should start but my gut feeling now says Martinez will start.

I also have this to say about the whole annoyance of this topic and leading up until Saturday, we should support whoever is out there until things prove otherwise.

With that being said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!

:bonez:thumbs:restore:koolaid2::bigredn::throwdabones1:

GO BIG RED!!

This couldn't have been brought up in the QB Race thread? We had to start a new one?

For each day that Bo doesn't announce who the starter, a new thread is born.

And unfortunately, WHEN that starter is announced, there will be at least one thread per day stating why this QB or that QB should have been named the starter instead. Bank on it

I would like to know which QB the OP is friends with or family of...

This couldn't have been brought up in the QB Race thread? We had to start a new one?

For each day that Bo doesn't announce who the starter, a new thread is born.

And unfortunately, WHEN that starter is announced, there will be at least one thread per day stating why this QB or that QB should have been named the starter instead. Bank on it

I would like to know which QB the OP is friends with or family of...

This is a place to discuss all things Huskers is it not? I mean, you seem like you've been here quite a long time and made quite a few comments........maybe ease up and let Husker fans discuss what they choose to discuss. There are many other threads here if you don't like this one.

I want them to run the wildcat with Burkhead the first play of the game. That would put a smile on my face.

I've read/heard this over and over again. It would be fun/funny, but what I would do is bring out Ron Kellogg III (scout team player of the year) and soak up 80,000 fans saying at one moment: "whaaaaaaaaat"!

Now THAT would be funny!!!!

RATINGS FROM BEST TO WORST IN EACH CATEGORY

Upside- 1.T mart, 2.Green, 3.Lee

Accuracy- 1.lee, 2.Green and tmart tie.

arm strength- 1.Green, 2.tmart and lee tie

speed- 1.t mart, 2.green, 3.lee

experience- 1.lee, 2.green, 3.martinez

Based on these categories you have to start Green. He is the only QB that isn't ranked last in any of the categories.

Are there any important categories that i'm missing that would be important?