B1ACKOUT!

Chris Anderson (Associate Athletic Director for Community Relations) and I talked about this a while back when I asked about a "Pink Out" for Breast Cancer Research. Her response, in part:

We don’t usually have very much luck encouraging fans to change their attire, particularly for football, as we learned when trying to support a b*******, or retro dress for the 300th sellout. Perhaps it is just tradition. Unfortunately, then it comes off as being not very well planned and may look peculiar if the game is on national television.

the pink is a very good idea, i like that

The reason a 'blakout' would never work is that 60,000 of the fans at every game are over 70 and don't even know what the internet is, let alone hear about the dumbass calls for a blakout. Besides, they're at the game to bitch about people standing up, not to dress accordingly. That said...stupid.

The reason a 'blakout' would never work is that 60,000 of the fans at every game are over 70 and don't even know what the internet is, let alone hear about the dumbass calls for a blakout. Besides, they're at the game to bitch about people standing up, not to dress accordingly. That said...stupid.

Also, there is at least one 26 year old fan who would absolutely refuse to wear a black shirt/jacket to the game. Never, ever, EVER.

I hate when people try to do blackouts. Seems like the students try to do it but nobody else does so only one section of people do it so looks like crap. Even if everyone tried to do it, a lot of people wouldnt so again would look stupid especially since it is the SEA OF RED. So we should be doing a Redout of if we do anything and not a b*******!!